Windows 10: windows start icon doesn't work

Discus and support windows start icon doesn't work in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 start menu does not work.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Daniel Schettler, Dec 14, 2022.

1. windows start icon doesn't work

Windows 10 start menu does not work.

:)

Daniel Schettler, Dec 14, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows start icon doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 14, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Dec 14, 2022
  4. windows start icon doesn't work

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Dec 14, 2022
Thema:

windows start icon doesn't work

1. windows start icon doesn't work - Similar Threads - start icon doesn't

2. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...
  3. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...
  4. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  6. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  7. Start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button doesn't work: My Start button doesn't work when I left click. The search tool bar also doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work/47f2c01a-17df-45f3-b6f3-c99d2232dd0f
  8. The start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The start button doesn't work: The start button doesn't pull up choices like shutdown etc. Nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-button-doesnt-work/cad01cc4-2bd7-4aa3-a426-d2d397a2ebd6
  9. Windows start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start button doesn't work: Any idea's or fixes my start button doesn't work when pressed on keyboard or via mouse on screen try to restore back to earlier point it failed and ran SFC no issues found Windows 10 pro build 19041.450 version 2004...
  10. Windows start icon not working.

in Cortana
    Windows start icon not working.: I cant access windows icon to look or turn off my laptop, cortana not working either. I've turned off and on lots of times but still not working. I requested help from virtual assistant and received a call back but then was cut off. Could this be caused by last windows...