Windows 10: Windows start icon not working.

Discus and support Windows start icon not working. in Cortana to solve the problem; I cant access windows icon to look or turn off my laptop, cortana not working either. I've turned off and on lots of times but still not working. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DiStanley, Oct 24, 2019.

1. DiStanley Win User

Windows start icon not working.

I cant access windows icon to look or turn off my laptop, cortana not working either. I've turned off and on lots of times but still not working. I requested help from virtual assistant and received a call back but then was cut off. Could this be caused by last windows update?

Thank you for any help.

Im really struggling now

:)

DiStanley, Oct 24, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows start icon not working. - Similar Threads - start icon working

2. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  3. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  4. windows start icon doesn't work

in Cortana
  5. windows start icon and cortana don't work

in Cortana
    windows start icon and cortana don't work: the windows start icon and cortana have stopped working, don't respond to mouse click . Windows automatic trouble shooter from microsoft store says there's a hanging app. Don't know which and don't know if it's causing the problem....
  6. start up icon is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up icon is not working: Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. this above eroor is coming and asking me to sign out now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-icon-is-not-working/24899a21-9214-4e99-bec0-58349405f6fe
  7. Start menu icons not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu icons not working.: So, there is a program in my start menu which I deleted that wont go away. I've checked the folders where the start menu icons are located and found no remains of the particular programs' icon. Upon trying to click on the icon, it just gets highlighted and nothing happens....
  8. The windows 10 start icon is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The windows 10 start icon is not working.: The windows 10 start icon is not working. I've tried some of the previously posted suggestions but have not been able to follow them through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-10-start-icon-is-not-working/3beeafd2-a718-4d21-8a85-9a2a85a47fb6
  9. Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared: After a driver (I think one related to Intel graphics, but i am not shure) was unsuccesfully installed, I had a BSOD problem, hard restart, kernel error message (unable to reproduce it afterward). Some applications from taskbar partially work (Office, Skype), some not. I am...
  10. Windows 10 Start Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Icon not working: I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It worked fine for a week and now my Start Icon will not work. I have tried this option with no success: Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard. Key in PowerShell and hit Enter. Right click on the PowerShell icon on...