Windows 10: Windows Start key won't open

Discus and support Windows Start key won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I looked into how to fix this issue but it just kept being unresponsive. My windows key, yes the one on the bottom left of your screen doesn't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JefersonH.R.E, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows Start key won't open

So I looked into how to fix this issue but it just kept being unresponsive. My windows key, yes the one on the bottom left of your screen doesn't open up for me. I tried safe booting and going back to normal boot but that didn't work and I have restarted it many times. I need help, can someone help me.

:)

JefersonH.R.E, May 22, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows Start key won't open

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start key won't open

1. Windows Start key won't open - Similar Threads - Start key won't

2. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  3. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu won't open: As the title suggests, the Start Menu won't open for me. That's not the only problem. The taskbar has been faulty and it's been two days.Here are some things I can still do with it:- Open programs that are pinned in the task bar.- Open Task View- Show hidden icons- Change...
  4. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu won't open

Start menu won't open: I tried everything including: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and some more but, sfc gives me an error: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. and DISM gives me...
  6. Start Menu won't open

Start Menu won't open: The start menu won't open on my computer. I checked the Windows System log and found: Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.423_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147958016" Happened...
  7. My laptop won't open setting or the start key on Windows 10

My laptop won't open setting or the start key on Windows 10: I've had this laptop for almost 3 years, it is an msi GL63 8RC. Recently I left for the weekend, but when I came back home I booted it up like normal and I couldn't open up notifications. I went to the start key to open settings but it wouldn't work either and when I looked...
  8. Windows start menu won't open

Windows start menu won't open: When I click on the start button nothing happens. How do I get into Windows 10? When I press the windows logo key nothing happens. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-wont-open/b47a8366-1687-48f9-895e-bc1a6adc45c4
  9. windows start and apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start and apps won't open: I upgraded to Fall Creators Update last week along with the cumulative update (16299.19). All has gone well until last night. When I turned on the computer my start button as well as windows key is unresponsive as is Microsoft Edge from the task bar. Right click the start...
  10. Win key/desktop win icon won't open start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Win key/desktop win icon won't open start screen: HP Spectre 360 2 in 1, win 10 pro 64 bit with 8Gb memory. Trying to go to the start screen from desktop when I click the lower left win icon or tap the win key nothing happens. I believe it started happening after fall creators update. Strange part is: it is intermittent; I...