Windows 10: Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling

Discus and support Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is difficult to verbally explain, but here is some background context: I leave my computer idling over night in order to charge my phone, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by indaclublike, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling

This is difficult to verbally explain, but here is some background context:
    • I leave my computer idling over night in order to charge my phone, and I leave it idling when I go to class so I can virtually access it on my laptop
    • Whenever I go to bed (~12:00am) and get back from class (~3:00pm) [no using my computer in between], it looks like this when I turn my monitor back on [NOTE: the error message is just from me unplugging my phone and iTunes complaining - I can assure that it is totally irrelevant from my problem]:
      Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling [​IMG]
      And just for comparison, this is how it looks normally:

• Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling [​IMG]
      Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I am able to blindly click anywhere on the start menu and things still open, but I would prefer to fix this. Everything resets to normal once I restart.

Edits//

• My background goes through a 20 degree hue change every 10 seconds based off of 18 degree intervals (total of 360 degrees, it's quite pretty to watch) so that explains the color differences in the start menus

:)

indaclublike, Nov 18, 2015

2. Satrt menu and Cortan anot working in Windows 10

OT- Cortana setup, Start Menu

When attempting to sign in to set up Cortana, I get kicked out after logging in. The Start menu does the same after a few seconds of idle time. Please help

MichellebjZU, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Personal settings not responding and black screen

Hello,

I had the same problem yesterday on my Asus laptop after the window update. After restart, it stucks on a blank screen with a small window on the upper left side of the screen saying "personalized setting". But after idling for 15 to 20 minutes, the desktop
    icons and menu come back on the screen and things back to normal.

Raymond Sau, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling

1. Windows Start Menu and Background blanking out after idling - Similar Threads - Start Menu Background

2. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  3. START MENU BLANK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    START MENU BLANK: After a recent update, I don't know when my pinned shortcuts are missing from my start menu it's all empty !!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-blank/1e2b2b2c-4b3c-41b3-8735-c55e5419427a
  4. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank start menu after update: I updated my Windows 10 and now I have blank start menu. I dont know if it caused by the update but that is the only change I made I think. If you have suggestions please go ahead. I have Windows 10 21h1....
  5. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank start menu after update: I updated my Windows 10 and now I have blank start menu. I dont know if it caused by the update but that is the only change I made I think. If you have suggestions please go ahead. I have Windows 10 21h1....
  6. Blank start menu after update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  8. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background...
  9. Start menu and notifications are blank

Start menu and notifications are blank: My computer locked up while writing a paper. I had to use the button to shut it down even though I didn't want to. When I powered the computer back on, it took a very long time. The I tried opening Word and this shows up: [ATTACH] All notifications are the same way. My...
  10. Windows 10 Blank Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Blank Start Menu: First things first... i7 7700, 2x GTX1080 w/SLI. 1TB SSD, z270 MSI Gaming Pro, 32GB RAM Samsung 31.5" 4k curved monitor. I've had this problem several times where the Strat menu goes blank and I hadnt had an action that coincided with this until now. It seems that alt_tab...