Windows 10: Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

Discus and support Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danraymond, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change.

Dan

:)

danraymond, Aug 20, 2016

2. The search feature in cortana is not working after resetting Windows 10.

After resetting windows 10, Windows 10 search has stopped working. I tried stopping and starting cortana and windows explorer. I also tried to stopping and starting windows search from services.msc. Even Search and index troubleshooting is no help. The search
    always shows a blank window. Even web search results wont appear. Also after reset win32 applications dont show up in the start menu. Installed programs and present in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. All UWP applications except mail
    and edge dont work. Splash screen shows and it closes the app.

(Previous subject:Windows 10 start menu problems after resetting)

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Adityads93, Aug 20, 2016
  3. samirkal Win User
    Start Menu stopped working after joining to domain

Hi,

When I joined windows 10 pro to active directory domain, start menu stopped working also cortana and search.

What might be the problem.

Regards

samirkal, Aug 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

dalchina, Aug 20, 2016
  5. stephen Win User
    stephen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

1. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working - Similar Threads - Start menu Cortana

2. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  3. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Cortana
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  4. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search and Start Menu Stopped Working: Windows searched suddenly stopped working for me, and it's become extremely annoying. I can't click in the search box in either the taskbar or windows explorer. It looks like something resets and I can't type anything in either window. Furthermore, clicking on anything in the...
  5. Search and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  7. Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working: Hello, I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly. So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working. I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because...
  8. Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working: Hi All, I've got a system here which is acting up and I'm looking for ideas of how to resolve. Specs are: Windows 10 Home (upgraded from W8.1) i7-3632 8GB RAM 64bit Inspiron 17R5720 laptop Here's the problem: Everything works fine upon boot, but then, something...
  9. Sound, Start Menu and Cortana stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound, Start Menu and Cortana stopped working: Now, for some odd reason, on my computer, the sound, start menu and cortana stopped working and I can't even get past the sign in menu without it telling me to sign out so they can "fix" this problem which I've done 3 times now so I have no clue if I screwed up this computer...
  10. Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu: Hello fellow Windows 10 users! I've upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is fine and Windows are working very smooth and nice. But there is one thing that really bothers me: Windows Search (including Cortana) does not find links to programs inside...