Windows 10: Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application

Discus and support Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application in Cortana to solve the problem; i installed a third party theme "flat_color_w10_iconpack_by_alexgal23-d98fnp4" on windows 10 pro after the restart my microsoft edge dissappeared when... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TinasheTsvangirayi, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application

i installed a third party theme "flat_color_w10_iconpack_by_alexgal23-d98fnp4" on windows 10 pro after the restart my microsoft edge dissappeared when you try to click it it shows a message "class not registered", also the windows button and icon are no longer responding.I also, realised it took long to open the control panel and the settings and task bar no longer work at all.

:)

TinasheTsvangirayi, Apr 3, 2019
  2. #VSingh Win User

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application

Windows 10 start menu button quit working

Hi,

The issue with Start menu may arise due to the following reasons:

• Corruptions in Windows components.

• Third party application conflicts.

• Corruptions in the accounts.
    I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which is the build presently installed on the device?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you make any changes to the system settings?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the information provided helps in resolving the issue related with the Start menu. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application

1. Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application - Similar Threads - start menu microsoft

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. install third party apps

install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  5. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  6. Is there any third party application hub to organize applications since the start menu...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any third party application hub to organize applications since the start menu...: Looking for a single application I can use to access all of my applications easily since the start menu isn’t customizable enough for my liking (especially since there are some applications in folders I can’t get out since the start menu folder is no where on my HDD). A bit...
  7. Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications?: Hello everyone, I'm almost done with moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and currently, I'm in the process of customising my Windows appearance. So far I've installed open shell and OldNewsExplorer which, seems to work fine on my system. However, I was wondering if it's...
  8. Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.: I'm constantly running into the issue what should I allow to install in my PC's and laptops. Usually what disqualifies them it is asking for excessive permissions. I think there should be standard set where user would be able to access and change each individual permission...
  9. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...
  10. Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening: Hi all, I installed the latest Creators Update, but apps/programs I installed (e.g. Chrome, Office, Netflix) have disappeared from the start menu. They will appear in the search in the start menu, but installed apps like Netflix will not open. I have already tried this:...