Windows 10: Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters

Discus and support Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters in Cortana to solve the problem; I’m having a pretty annoying bug in Windows 10, and if I had to pinpoint where I first noticed it, it would be when I was moving applications out of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GenesisDoes, May 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

1. Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters

I’m having a pretty annoying bug in Windows 10, and if I had to pinpoint where I first noticed it, it would be when I was moving applications out of folders in the Start Menu’s Programs folder, as it really annoys me when Office 2003 is in a folder rather than listed out. I’ve done this before on my laptop and other desktop however, so it is probably not that.

I read that . I also tried running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and sfc/scannow in sys command prompt. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 and keeping files, but for some reason it fails (it fails more than it works for me in my experience).

I’m getting pretty frustrated, I can search for like 30 seconds after boot, but then once everything is fully booted I can only get 3 charecters (other than soace) in, and the 2nd one crashes it.

HP COMPAQ 6000 Pro Microtower

Intel Core2 Duo (3.02GHz)

Windows 10 Pro (up to date)

250GB and 1TB Drives

Thanks, and God bless.

:)

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

3. pepanee Win User
  4. Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters

quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Thema:

Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters

1. Windows Start Menu and Settings Search Crash After 2 Letters - Similar Threads - Start Menu Settings

2. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...
  3. Windows 10 - Start menu search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Start menu search: When I search for a folder by typing the name in the start menu, how can I then go to a subfolder without having to open the folder, e.g. I am trying to get to the following file documents/pictures/holidays/summer holiday 2018. I know I can just type on summer holidays...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search: Hi, Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted. Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search We can enable the following 3 options to disable...
  5. start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu crashes: how to do this for startmenu ? my start menu crashes when nvidia driver crashes and it wont open. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 19017
  6. windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    windows start menu search: i can't seem to see that windows finds simple "apps"\(programs)" like the blizzard app, twitch app etc... is there some setting that enables me to do this? so far i narrowed it down to the indexing of files. maybe that'll do something. every time i search for "twitch"...
  7. Start Menu search not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not working after reinstall: I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532. Since then, Start menu search shows no results. Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but still not showing during search. Please help This is really frustrating 22902
  8. Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters: I just recently got a desktop from CyberPowerPC, gua2400bst model, and I noticed that whenever I go to use the start menu, it will open normally and I can still click on settings or tiles, but when I go to type to search, it will let me type for about 1 second, no matter how...
  9. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...
  10. Lost Start Menu and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Start Menu and Search: For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu? Winkey + I did it. 6925