Windows 10: Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working

Discus and support Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Since some days on my 2-3 month old Windows 10 Pro, the Start menü stopped working. If I click on it a loading circle appeare at the cursor for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Golibali, May 13, 2020.

1. Golibali Win User

Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working

Hi,

Since some days on my 2-3 month old Windows 10 Pro, the Start menü stopped working. If I click on it a loading circle appeare at the cursor for 1-2 sec, but nothing happen. I tried several method on the net, sfc scan, DISM commands, etc. none was a solution.

There was a solution what worked for one user https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE0Pse86Xv0 but on my PC there is multiple user, and when I did the previously mentioned "fix", all other users start menu, and all short cuts stoped working even display setting menu. Some error window came up ms-settingsWindows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working :personalization-background.

I tought I did something bad, so I reinstalled freshly the OS, but after all windows update installed, the f..ing annoying bug came up again.

Please do something!!!!

:)

Golibali, May 13, 2020

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 13, 2020
  4. #VSingh Win User

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working - Similar Threads - Start Menu Settings

2. Windows start menu and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu and settings not working: The other night I updated my computer and went to bed. When I woke up, I started it up and the update needed to finish for a minute and then led me to the sign in screen. I entered my password and was stuck on the loading screen for a while, so I just turned my computer off...
  3. Windows start menu and settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start menu and settings not working: The other night I updated my computer and went to bed. When I woke up, I started it up and the update needed to finish for a minute and then led me to the sign in screen. I entered my password and was stuck on the loading screen for a while, so I just turned my computer off...
  4. Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft: When opening a context menu all submenus will open to the left.This also happens when opening window menu items.I tried running Tablet PC Settings:shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}and changing to Left-HandedThis only effects where the context menu is opend...
  5. setting & start menu not working

setting & start menu not working: In my pc has a problem right now but I can't do anything at this moment. please help me. The problem is setting & start menu not working, it automatically off....
  6. Some of my options in settings and other Windows menues gone?

Some of my options in settings and other Windows menues gone?: so I was prompted to update, but afterwards i noticed I can only choose Shut Down and Reset when i went to turn off my pc, oh no sleep option, no big deal. But i went to swap my hdmi from a moniter to a tv like i have done many times before and now i can only choose between 2...
  7. Start Menu not working and other assorted issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working and other assorted issues.: Just about a year ago I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad E475. Things worked well for a while but then it went downhill. The first thing was that the start menu stopped working. To remedy it, I reinstalled Windows 10 this January. However, the first week all the issues came back...
  8. start menu and other apps not working

start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  9. Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly: Hi, On Windows 10 Pro. I have been seeing these unusual behaviors all at once in the past few days: - Start menu doesn't open up. i.e. when I click on it, it doesn't show up. + when I press "windows button" doesn't show up - Alt + Tab OR windows + tab is not working -...
  10. Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Start Menu AutoCascade of Submenus in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information...