Windows 10: Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown

Discus and support Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Start Menu closes automatically when I type anything into it after hitting the windows key, or when moving my mouse. In addition, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanC_coldreactive, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown

The Windows 10 Start Menu closes automatically when I type anything into it after hitting the windows key, or when moving my mouse. In addition, all metro-based applications Such as Windows Update will also automatically close after a second or so of being open. Restarting the system did nothing, shutting it down did nothing. Using the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter Which I had to run using the command:msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic didn't work either. Since I can't use any metro-based application, I cannot go into the restore dialogue either. Since that's only accessible now on the system settings dialogue.

Is there a command to run system restore? Because any non-metro application still runs properly Such as Firefox, cmd.exe, etc.

:)

IanC_coldreactive, Oct 11, 2020

2. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code:
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

1. Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    2. Click “Logout”.
    3. Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    4. The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    5. Remove the CD and close the tray.
    6. Press Enter on the keyboard.
    7. Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Oct 11, 2020
  3. NickJP Win User
    Shutdown from start menu now restarting

System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead, so far that has not had the same problem.

Any suggestions on why the problem with shutdown off the start menu?

NickJP, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown

little cat, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown

1. Windows Start Menu Closes Automatically even after Restart / Shutdown - Similar Threads - Start Menu Closes

2. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu is automatically closing: For the past day or so, every time I open start menu from the windows key and try to click on anything, it freezes and closes itself. Even when I leave it idle, it closes itself after 2-3 seconds automatically. Search is running fine but anything other than that is not. I am...
  3. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The start menu is automatically closing: For the past day or so, every time I open start menu from the windows key and try to click on anything, it freezes and closes itself. Even when I leave it idle, it closes itself after 2-3 seconds automatically. Search is running fine but anything other than that is not. I am...
  4. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu won't automatically close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu won't automatically close: Hello ,i have an issue with the start menu , i always press windows key and start searching something with typing when i find the folder i need i press enter before this issue start menu was closing and i could use the keyboard to move in the folder to choose what pdf i need...
  6. Start menu won't automatically close

Start menu won't automatically close: Hello ,i have an issue with the start menu , i always press windows key and start searching something with typing when i find the folder i need i press enter before this issue start menu was closing and i could use the keyboard to move in the folder to choose what pdf i need...
  7. Start menu won't automatically close

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  9. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN: Please help. This issue has been bothering me for 2 days. My PC restarts after clicking on SHUTDOWN. No blue screens no errors, just plain defiance. I tried a lot of hardware steps so please don't suggest those.I did the basic steps like fast startup disabled, etc and even...
  10. Windows RESTARTS automatically after SHUTDOWN