Windows 10: Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall

Discus and support Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am facing a very strange issue with my Dell G7 7588 i7-8750h laptop, Please note these are the following issues and have not been able sot solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kirankaushal, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall

I am facing a very strange issue with my Dell G7 7588 i7-8750h laptop,

Please note these are the following issues and have not been able sot solve the problem past 1 month.

1. I am not able to move or arrange the tiles on windows start screen.

2. The start menu flickers unusually, when i click it immediately closes

3. When i try to search on Edge browser it immediately clears the text written on the search bar, making it very tough to search or google for problem.

4. When i right click the context menus dint appear and closes immediately

5. Cannot open the Task mgr as the right click does not work properly

Only way i am able to type in the replies is by pressing Ctrl+Alt for some time after which the windows works for few minutes and the above mentioned problems appear again.

My current windows version is:

Version 20H2 build info : 19042.610

I was informed by the Microsoft service expert He replies : "that as the laptop had multiple Clean installs, it would not be the problem of the Windows OS rather it would be a problem with BIOS configuration, and a simple BIOS update or downgrade will not work".

Now Question is:

1. What is this BIOS Configuration?

2. How am i supposed to check the problems in the existing BIOS configuration?

3. What kind of problems am i supposed to check in the BIOS configuration?

4. What is the method to perform a BIOS configuration?

5. How do i fix if there is an issues?

How do we plan to solve this problem ???????????

It is also ok is remote assistance is provided

Kindly, Help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Kaushal

:)

kirankaushal, Nov 10, 2020

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 10, 2020
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall

1. Windows start menu does not work after Clean Reinstall - Similar Threads - start menu does

2. Windows 10 Start Menu does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu does not work: Hello. I'm having a serious problem with my laptop. When it started, the taskbar wouldn't work at all. Whenever the cursor landed on the taskbar it displayed that loading/buffering animation. It wouldn't show any of the apps fixed on the taskbar and the icons wouldn't work...
  3. Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall: I'm trying to get my Surface Pro 6 working correctly after a reinstall of Windows 10. Edge browser does not function; it opens for about 3 seconds then shuts down. Start menu button does not function; cannot reach settings at all. I have tried the following steps: restart...
  4. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  5. clean up start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    clean up start menu: My start menu is filled with links to applications I never use, like Map, Camera, Mixed Reality Portal, etc. I've looked in the file structure %appdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu but I can't find any actual shortcuts for these apps. Are there a way to clean up the start...
  6. Start Menu search does not work

Start Menu search does not work: Hello, After one of more recent Windows 10 updates my Start Menu search has stopped working. When I search for anything it does not display any results. The rest of Start Menu seems to be working fine - although it's very hard to find things manually. How can I fix this? My...
  7. Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...

Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Hello, Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling application (HP 8600 Network Pro Printer and scanner.) What is strange is using the tools and diagnostics from HP allows the Printer to scan and print but when I try to click on the...
  8. Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10

Reinstalling Start menu for Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10, then installed classic shell to get the start menu I used to have and that someone else had set up for me. I failed in my attempt to get things set up, but now the Windows start menu has disappeared and I can't even use that. Repeated...
  9. Windows 10 - Start Menu does not working

Windows 10 - Start Menu does not working: Some our Windows 10 users can't open Start Menu (not working) They can open Strat Menu after run PowerShell cmdlet below, Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But it is a temporary...
  10. Start Menu search not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not working after reinstall: I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532. Since then, Start menu search shows no results. Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but still not showing during search. Please help This is really frustrating 22902