Windows 10: windows start menu doesn't open

Discus and support windows start menu doesn't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Today my pc got updated with a bug update and after that i couldn't open windows start menu, not even the button couldn't work. I tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Γεώργιος Μπιλάλης, Aug 29, 2019.

1. windows start menu doesn't open

Hello,

Today my pc got updated with a bug update and after that i couldn't open windows start menu, not even the button couldn't work.

I tried many things such as chkdsk scans etc but nothing helped.

any opinions please?

Thank you for your time

:)

Γεώργιος Μπιλάλης, Aug 29, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

windows start menu doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 29, 2019
  3. MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Aug 29, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

windows start menu doesn't open

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

windows start menu doesn't open [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

windows start menu doesn't open

1. windows start menu doesn't open - Similar Threads - start menu doesn't

2. Your Phone App shows in Start Menu but doesn't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone App shows in Start Menu but doesn't open: The Your Phone App shows on my start menu, but when I try to open it, nothing happens and when I right-click to get the option to go to the App Settings, it doesn't show up as an installed app. The Microsoft Store thinks the app is not installed, but when I try to install...
  3. Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs: Hi All, Maybe I'm wrong, but if I click "Start" and i type for example "sync", I expect it to find all programs I would see scrolling in the start menu with word "sync" in it. More precisely, when I click "start", I have a list of programs, starting from "recently added"...
  4. Minimizing windows opens the start menu

Minimizing windows opens the start menu: Whenever I minimize a program window (Chrome, word, Outlook, File explorer, etc.) Instead of just hiding the window, my computer opens the start menu tiles. I also cannot access the desktop via button in the lower right corner of the taskbar....
  5. Start menu doesn't click

Start menu doesn't click: one machine we manage doesn't open the start menu when clcked. when a local user logs on to this machine with Admin rights the Start menu does not work. Also when i remote onto the pc I can't elevate permissions or install our remote app. We can't access things like...
  6. windows 10 start menu will not open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 start menu will not open: I receive critical message ( start menu will not open will fix it next time you sign in) but it does not ,I have lost all internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-will-not-open/82692eeb-28e1-4e26-8c82-177020a82e03
  7. Start menu doesn't work on windows 10

Start menu doesn't work on windows 10: Start menu doesn't work on windows 10, HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-menu-doesnt-work-on-windows-10/4f242685-563f-4b3c-91a8-4f25fc8f3679
  8. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu doesn't work and apps won't open: hi all my start menu doesn't work. clicking on task bar items does not work. (wifi, notifications) opening apps doesn't work. WIN + I or trying to open update from Win + R doesn't work (message "the app didn't open") clicking the search doesn't work. Clicking the windows...