Windows 10: Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color

Discus and support Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i reinstalled windows 10 using the media creation tool 2004 and now my start menu is gray and i'm not finding any solution to this, the color is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WeakerThanMe, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color

Hi, i reinstalled windows 10 using the media creation tool 2004 and now my start menu is gray and i'm not finding any solution to this, the color is set to red, in the preview i can see that the windows start menu' is red but when i open it is totally gray. Do you know how to fix it?

:)

WeakerThanMe, Oct 25, 2020

2. Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

Using the Dark theme. Problem is, when I press the Start Button and start typing anything, it all turns bright (white/light gray). Issue is described perfectly here:

How to change color of search menu in Start to black?

I tried the suggestions there (region change / registry) but they didn't work. It seems, only enabling a High Contrast theme can change this but it's an overkill workaround.

Any ideas? Thank you.

(Windows 10 1903 x64 Pro)

AmigaRoots, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color

Callender, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color

1. Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color - Similar Threads - start menu gray

2. Is there a way to remove the murky gray color in the background of the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the murky gray color in the background of the Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MaddyMagpies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcqpip/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_murky_gray_color_in/
  3. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  4. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  5. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  6. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  7. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed: Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu...
  10. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755