Windows 10: Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

Discus and support Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by peachyoana, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm on Windows 10. And I don't think it is a keyboard issue or a mouse scrolling issue because when I open any other app it doesn't scroll like that.

:)

peachyoana, Oct 31, 2022
  2. tomybooy Win User

Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    windows 10 scrolling not working in start menu

Hi,

Thanks for posting. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Go to Settings>Devices>Mouse and Touchpad.
    • There should be an option called Scroll Inactive Windows. It's turned off by default, so try turning it on.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 31, 2022
  4. Pedr Win User

Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

Scroll bar on main menu scrolls straight to last item

When I click on the scroll bar of the main windows menu (bottom left button) and start to scroll down, the scrolling then continues automatically to the last item on the list so that I can't access the others. It is as if gravity has taken charge! There is no problem with scroll bars in web windows or in Excel. I think the same problem was happening in Word last week but it is not today. I have tried following various recommended fixes including a clean boot, running Windows defender scan and switching off some mouse functions. I am no computer expert so it is possible I have perforemd all these actions correctly. Nothing has solved the problem. I've also tried a different mouse.
    Any suggestions as to what is the cause of the problem and how I might fix it would be very much appreciated. The graphics card is fairly ancient: could this be the problem?

Thema:

Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

1. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically - Similar Threads - start menu keeps

2. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  3. Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start menu keeps scrolling automatically: Hi there, So basically I just opened Windows Search / Windows Start menu and tried to search for something when I noticed that it kept scrolling automatically through all my apps / options on the start menu. I have attached a video turned to a gif. I can't search for anything...
  4. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  5. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu automatic scrolling: actually when i right click on any file, folder, or an application, the context menu that appears seems to be move from the last word to the first one and continues again until you select a word from the list.it appears any time i right click the anything...
  6. context menu automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Start Menu keeps resetting automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu keeps resetting automatically: Hello Everyone, I am facing an issue with the start menu on my Windows 10. Start Menu keeps resetting itself. Even after arranging the tiles, the layout resets on its own after some time. I want to customize the layout as per my preference but it just sticks to this layout by...
  8. Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

in Cortana
    Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]: I have already solved this actually, but I still decide to post this so that I can help people after me having the same issue. If your start menu keep scrolling itself as if someone's holding the 'up' or 'down' key consistently, and you have a controller, check if one of...
  9. Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting while scrolling on the start menu: A few hours ago, I've encounter a problem where in explorer.exe keeps restarting after I scroll a few using my scroll wheel. It doesn't restart when I'm dragging the scroll bar to scroll with the start menu. Even if using arrow keys, I can still scroll at the start menu...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling: Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice with a new issue in my Windows 10: my Start Menu keeps crashing and restarting if I scroll on it. Once I open the Start Menu and scroll it, the Start Menu, together with explorer, crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. It then pops up again...