Windows 10: Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps

Discus and support Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to organize my Start Menu by placing items into folders. It seems to work fine for programs, but not Apps. They are not showing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulinAZ0813, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps

I am trying to organize my Start Menu by placing items into folders.

It seems to work fine for programs, but not Apps. They are not showing in either of the two folders where this information is kept, and when I right click there is no "Show File Location" Option.

:)

PaulinAZ0813, Nov 27, 2019

2. create folders in start menu to organize

You have to navigate to the All Users Start menu

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Create folders per your organization - they'll still be sorted alphabetically so plan the names
    Then move the specific application folder to your newly created folder(s).

Universal apps have a mind of their own, but you can organize Desktop apps in the menu list.

Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps [​IMG]

It's not perfect *cry

Slartybart, Nov 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps

create folders in start menu to organize

You need to go to the specified location, (highlighted), and create folders and shortcuts of the one you want to show on the Start Menu, then possibly 'hide' the rest.

Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps

1. Windows Start Menu Organization of Apps - Similar Threads - Start Menu Organization

2. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Subfolder Organization: So this organization feature from Windows 7 doesn't make sense to have removed in Windows 10: Subfolders in the All Apps list. Now, I cannot speak for Windows 11, but the fact that even after people have brought this up before see this thread back in 2015, and still even...
  3. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Subfolder Organization: So this organization feature from Windows 7 doesn't make sense to have removed in Windows 10: Subfolders in the All Apps list. Now, I cannot speak for Windows 11, but the fact that even after people have brought this up before see this thread back in 2015, and still even...
  4. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organizing Programs in the Start Menu

Organizing Programs in the Start Menu: I have installed a number of online games which now appear separately in the programs list in the start menu as well as tiles. I've consolidated the tiles into a single games folder. How do I do the same thing with the programs in the programs list?...
  6. Small App Menu on Start Menu

Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  7. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  8. Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu

Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu: I seem to have lost the ability to pin programs to the Start Menu or organize the ones I had already pinned. Also, when I try to turn on "Use Start full screen," it turns back off right away. It's a new computer that I built last night with a new Windows 10 installation....
  9. create folders in start menu to organize

create folders in start menu to organize: In W7 I have created folders in the start menu so I can organize by topic. I can't figure out if/how to do that in W10. Any clues? 7446
  10. Organizing Start Menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Organizing Start Menu items: Hi. New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years. I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far. Does anyone know how to: - Organize your Start Menu (i.e. delete folders and create your own folders). I am unable to right click to get...