Windows 10: Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

Discus and support Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My computer has started auto-moving through selections in its explorer / start menu. Specifically, the leftmost start menu selections are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cellardoor1, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

Hello,

My computer has started auto-moving through selections in its explorer / start menu. Specifically, the leftmost start menu selections are all moving DOWN, and the system is moving through selections in PHOTO VIEW.

I can't find an identical issue like mine, only auto-scrolling in applications. This issue only takes place in the start menu / file explorer / photos.

Video:

https://youtu.be/-ia4pmYarts

I have tried:

Restarting

Virus scanning

Updating drivers

Re-seating wireless mouse / keyboard in USB port

What's goin' on yo??

:)

cellardoor1, Jul 20, 2018

2. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Jul 20, 2018
  3. tomybooy Win User
    Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

windows 10 scrolling not working in start menu

Hi,

Thanks for posting. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Go to Settings>Devices>Mouse and Touchpad.
    • There should be an option called Scroll Inactive Windows. It's turned off by default, so try turning it on.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

1. Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling - Similar Threads - start menu photo

2. Auto Scrolling in photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Scrolling in photos and videos: Hello I have a problem when i look at my photos it quickly scrolls left. and when i look at videos it just keeps hitting the 10 seconds back Button without me telling it to. I've scanned for viruses, disabled my anti virus software, tried the repair tool in command prompt....
  3. Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues: I need help and I'm at the last straw. I have a computer that is only a year old, a CyberPower desktop, and a few days ago the start menu and other device menus began auto scrolling downward and would not release. I have done everything listed below:Uninstalled the drivers to...
  4. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting...
  5. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  6. auto expending of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto expending of start menu: i want to stop auto expand of start menu. But how can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-expending-of-start-menu/e9a0e9d2-4668-4cc8-bc11-1d8b5e713afc
  7. Start menu trackpad scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  8. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  9. When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.

in Cortana
    When trying to search on Windows ten, the start menu keeps auto scrolling to the top.: Hey guys, I'm very confused about how to fix this. When I hit the windows key to search for a program and the start typing it auto scrolls to the top and I can't stop it. For example, if i hit the windows key and then start typing "Visual Studio" it will highlight visual...
  10. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...