Windows 10: Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad

Discus and support Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo Legion y720 with Windows 10 64-bit. Often, when I'm being lazy and using the touchpad with two hands for speed (one finger for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Snodherm, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Snodherm Win User

Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad

I'm using a Lenovo Legion y720 with Windows 10 64-bit.

Often, when I'm being lazy and using the touchpad with two hands for speed (one finger for moving and one finger for clicking in the bottom left of the touchpad), I find that the cursor hops down to the start menu in the lower left corner of the screen and opens it up.

I've checked my settings for multi-finger touch/clicks and the only thing I can find is the a two-finger click will open the popup menu (equivalent of right-clicking).

I can't seem to find anything related to why it would drag the cursor down to the start menu and pop it up.

I also can't seem to replicate this intentionally, it only happens (of course) when I don't want it to. It's super annoying and I can't figure this out.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this or experienced this.

Thanks in advance,

-matt

:)

Snodherm, Jan 2, 2019

2. I have a Dell laptop Inspiron M731R. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I find that I am unable to disable the touchpad.

Hello,

• How are you trying to disable touchpad?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this helps.

• Click Start.
    • Type device manager into the Search box. Click the device manager result, and the Device Manager window will pop up.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click the touchpad's entry. In the menu that pops up, click Disable.
    • Confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
    Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jan 2, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Start Menu Pops up When Using Touchpad - Similar Threads - Start Menu Pops

2. A screen pop up when starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A screen pop up when starting: C:users\appdata\roaming\dejcbwj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-screen-pop-up-when-starting/1b50964e-2369-40ae-87e9-b77a9ddd2acb
  3. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  4. Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana pops up when using Touchpad: Sometimes when working with touchpad Cortana pops up. I'm not sure which gesture triggers it. How can I disable Cortana starting up b touchpad? I'm on an ASUS so touchpad driver is ASUS Smart Gesture. submitted by /u/DaLazyGamer [link] [comments]...
  5. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  6. touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad kicks up menu when I start typing: WHile typing in a book document in MS word 2016 on my Surface Pro 6, I often find that the touch pad has activated. Is there a way to deactivate the menu key so I don't waste productivity? In some novel writing sessions I waste 25% of my time fighting that menu. It is the...
  7. When I click the start menu, this pops up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click the start menu, this pops up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teamclark07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzc5o3/when_i_click_the_start_menu_this_pops_up/
  8. Start window pops up frequently by itself---NOT A TOUCHPAD PROBLEM

Start window pops up frequently by itself---NOT A TOUCHPAD PROBLEM: I see this has been a question for years. The most popular offered fix is to disable triple- and -quad tapping on the touchpad. Apparently this works for some people. Also sometimes it is Cortana that pops up. I hid the button. Not the solution. I KEEP MY TOUCHPAD...
  9. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad opens start menu