Windows 10: Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

Discus and support Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since earlier this year, my Windows 10 Start menu wouldn't have all of the Windows apps icon shown properly (darkened). I found out they were not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zznchzng, Apr 20, 2019.

1. zznchzng Win User

Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

Since earlier this year, my Windows 10 Start menu wouldn't have all of the Windows apps icon shown properly (darkened). I found out they were not able to update when I tried to update them. Then, I found out that it was because my Windows Store was not functional and caused to apps to not update. Performed some fixes i found on the net but still to no avail.

At this point, I was able to open the start menu even though the apps that were affected are darkened. Most of my default apps wouldn't work anymore, including Photos, Films etc. The Start button, search and action center were still responsive and are able to be opened. Just the windows apps that were not working.

And then a few weeks ago, the start button stopped working and became unresponsive. Same goes to the Search button, Action center, Notification Center and even the wifi icon, speakers icon in the taskbar didn't do anything when i clicked them.

How do I fix this? Pls help Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open. :)

:)

zznchzng, Apr 20, 2019

2. Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

Hey Friends ,

If you’re not able to open Start Menu, Action Center, Calendar & Batter Status in windows 10 then try this steps as given below.

1.) Logoff the user in which you’re not able to open start menu, action center, calendar & battery status.

2.) login to any other user and then press windows key + R Key (Open Run).

3.) Type this in Run “%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows” ( without ” ) then click ok ( Enter).

4.) One window will Open (popup) there you have to find UsrClass.dat & rename that file to UsrClass.dat.old .

5.) And then restart your system and login to user which u were not able to open action center, calendar & battery status.

NOW ENJOY

MushahidAli_Kazi, Apr 20, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

If the Start button doesn't work, how am I to do this:

Question

Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

MI

MitchellXP asked on

Original Title: I cannot open the start menu 2nd time

Hello,

Yes, I know that this request for help seems familiar, and that is because it has been around a very long time. I had the same problem on this computer about six weeks ago. I thought I had fixed the problem with a Systems Restore, and a Reset operation.
    The problem now is the same as before except that some of t

• Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open. [​IMG]

Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open. [​IMG]
    Answer

GB

Geethu B replied on

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for the reply.

I suggest you to create a new User Account and check if issue occurs.

To create a new User Account follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Type ‘Add, delete and manage other user accounts’ in search box.
    • Now click on ‘Add someone else to this pc’.
    • And follow the instructions to create a new User Account.

EleanorCrampton, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open.

1. Windows Start Menu, Search, Action Center and other Windows apps couldn't open. - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open: So, when I was shutting down my pc and go do something else earlier, when it was shutting down, it was telling me something like file explorer cannot access memory or something, and when I turned on my pc just now, the taskbar was loading significantly slower than before and...
  3. Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too

Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too: Hi, I'm currently troubleshooting a laptop of my brother. Windows 10 family with alll the latest update He decided i don't know why to mess with the security setting autorisation, access, ownership... of his hard drive. And he ended up with an unopenable start menu and...
  4. Can't access the start menu, or action center

Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  5. Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...: Hi I performed a windows reset on my Surface Pro (2018 edition) as I was having some DNS/VPN issues (I didn't have much installed on the PC, so figured a reset would be the most straight forward fix). Since I have performed the reset, my start menu, search bar and action...
  6. windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open: Tried about everything in forums, did scans of everything and no errors and did all kinds of virus scans and nothing showing there either. Reg errors all fixed also. Just happened end of Jan 2019 Thank you...
  7. Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10: Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10. I updated Dot Net 2017 Community Edition and after that the start menu and action center is not opening. I tried every possible solution on internet and Microsoft support but it still not working. Please...
  8. Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug

Action Center/Mail/Calender App/Start Menu Bug: Is there any way to recover a frozen Action Center besides these dated and failed resolutions? This started with the Start Menu on my PC freezing, not responding, or if sucessful pop-up, then not responding to cursor action. After attempting several fixes- Resetting Explorer...
  9. Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening: Hi all, For the past couple of days, I have been having an issue with my start menu/action center not opening. Another issue is that all Windows 10 apps do not open and display the error: explorer.exe - class not registered. If anyone could help, that would be great!...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Could not open Start menu

2. couldnt open apps in start menu