Windows 10: Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all...

Discus and support Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not really sure what is the exact cause of this issue, however, I can explain what triggers the issues and it's symptoms. Symptoms: Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zythyr, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Zythyr Win User

Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all...

I am not really sure what is the exact cause of this issue, however, I can explain what triggers the issues and it's symptoms.

Symptoms: Whenever I see the following issues, the only resolution is to reboot the PC .

• Start Menu search stop workings. Whenever I press pull up the Start menu and start typing on my keyboard to search, results are blank (see picture below)
    • Cortana stops working
    • Outlook is unable to connect to exchange server
    • Once a file download reaches 100% in the browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge), the entire browser freezes
    • Some applications stop working, ex: Evernote

Temporary solution: Whenever the symptoms arise, I have to reboot my PC to get the issues to go away. After the reboot and logging to my account, I often notice one of the Microsoft Office applications automatically launches (ex: Outlook, Powerpoint).

Trigger: Issues are triggered by something related to the network and Windows Firewall

• Shutting down my laptop at home and turning it on at office sometimes triggers this issue because the wifi network changed
    • Sometimes when I disconnect from Ethernet and connect to Wifi
    • Sometimes when I disconnected from one Wifi network and connect to another Wifi network
    • Sometimes when disconnect and reconnect on my Wifi network
    • Sometimes when I am connect through VPN and then disconnect from VPN

My system:

• Windows 10 v1803
    • Windows Defender as both my anti-virus and firewall
    • All networks I connect to are "Private networks"
    • Fast startup is DISABLE

Steps taken to troubleshoot:

• Issue occurred even on Windows 10 v1709
    • Reformatting and fresh install of Windows 10 did NOT help
    • Any of the Windows automatic repair/troubleshooting doesn't help
    • I reset all Firewall settings back to default
    • Turned OFF Fast startup
    • System File Checker tool indicated I have no issues https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
    • Reinstall and re-registering the Cortana app does NOT help https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reinstall-and-re-register-cortana-in-windows-10.9417/

Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all... 823af9ba-9f21-4a43-a605-ff5192825935?upload=true.png

:)

Zythyr, Sep 12, 2018
  2. geno368 Win User

Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

geno368, Sep 12, 2018
  3. start menu and cortona

my pc is displaying message like"critical error - start menu and cortona aren"t working .we will fix this error next time you sign in"

help me with this problem,i tried restarting pc, rebooting in safe mode,with help of command,uninstalling antivirus etc... the problem is not fixed still

Akshaykumar Tadakod, Sep 12, 2018
  4. IreneCarr Win User

Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all...

Critical alert start menu and Cortona not working windows 10

Critical alert start menu and Cortona not working windows 10 I didn't think Cortona was available in Australia how you fix this problem

IreneCarr, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all... - Similar Threads - Start Menu search

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu and search not working: Hi! recently after a windows update I did overnight, I've been experiencing a problem where I cannot use my windows taskbar to search for items and I cannot view the start menu. I've tried several fixes online yet none work. I attempted to uninstall as many of the updates as...
  7. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  8. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  9. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...
  10. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook cant connect to server