Windows 10: Windows start menu takes long to open

Discus and support Windows start menu takes long to open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It takes really long to open and sometimes it doesn't open at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertMarian1, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows start menu takes long to open

It takes really long to open and sometimes it doesn't open at all.

:)

RobertMarian1, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Windows start menu takes long to open

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows start menu takes long to open

1. Windows start menu takes long to open - Similar Threads - start menu takes

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening

in Windows 10 News
    WordPad takes a long time to open or not opening: [IMG]If WordPad takes too long to open or just won’t open on your Windows PC, this guide will help you fix the issue. Why is my WordPad file not opening? If your WordPad app is not opening, it might be due to different reasons. Some potential causes of this problem include...
  5. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  6. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu takes ages to open: hi,i have issue with my taskbar when i click start button it takes a loooong time to open search bar too and when i start my pc after boot the task bar doesn't load icons it also takes a long time to show icons it takes around 2-3 mins to load but all desktop icons load right...
  7. Start menu takes ages to open

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Open window taking long to load icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open window taking long to load icons: Good dayi am running the most up to date version of Windows 11, when trying to open a file in any app the icons and file information take extremally long to load, this was never an issue till i switched to windows 11...
  9. Files taking long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files taking long to open: Lately files take too long to open. Sometimes there is this message also :"NOT RESPONDING".Edge is also taking too long to open when I want to use Internet.What should I do? Someone should please explain in layman's language. I am not a techie. I am a senior citizen 79 and do...
  10. App taking toooooo long to start.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App taking toooooo long to start.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hchbn4/app_taking_toooooo_long_to_start/