Windows 10: Windows start Problem after April update

Discus and support Windows start Problem after April update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wife's Win10 Home laptop after the update, unable to use the Windows start key or button on keyboard Taskbar is empty except for Task View button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamlost, Apr 17, 2017.

1. iamlost Win User

Windows start Problem after April update

Wife's Win10 Home laptop after the update, unable to use the Windows start key or button on keyboard
    Taskbar is empty except for Task View button. Unable to get to Action center and
    restored a backup I had in March and same problem again a Digital clock work not load also
    Getting no errors at all

Thanks
    Gary

:)

iamlost, Apr 17, 2017
  2. shayank Win User

My LG optimus 7 not turning on.

this problem started after I did an update on April 6 2011.

shayank, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working after April 2017 Windows 10 update

I have the same problem.

No keyboard or touchpad function immediately after windows 10 update 5 April 2017.

Dell XPS L502X.

SpeechViewer, Apr 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows start Problem after April update

1. Windows start Problem after April update - Similar Threads - start Problem April

2. Printer problem after install of KB5025221 April updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem after install of KB5025221 April updates: I have three computers connected via Ethernet cable, that share a printer, that is connected to one of the computers. The printer is a Brother HC-5470DW connected to one of the computers via a USB cable. Prior to the Microsoft April updates, the shared connection worked...
  3. Slow start up since April update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow start up since April update.: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  4. Who has problems with the April updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Who has problems with the April updates?: 3 customers told me about problems with Windows 10 up to now. WiFi suddenly sketchy and choppy A german tax office software (ADDISON) older than 2019 is suddenly not starting anymore Excel 2019 / 32 Bit does not start anymore. Starting takes much longer Does anybody have...
  5. Problems starting computer after updating

Problems starting computer after updating: I'm not exactly sure what topic this goes under but I updated my computer last night and now when I turn on my computer, I get a black screen with a pop-up box saying that Windows could not complete the installation. The pop-up box also says that if I want to install Windows...
  6. No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update: So, I just installed the Windows 10 April 2019 update, and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that the Sleep button is no longer available on the Start menu. Here's a photo to give you an idea of what I see: [IMG] I've tried searching for what happened, but...
  7. Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback: I got some problems after Windows downloading update automatically version 1803. My previous version was build 10240 Home Single Language. My device is HP Notebook 15-af109ax The problem that i encountered: Long "Preparing windows" screen after welcome screen on every...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu broken after April 2018 Update: Problem description: Ever since the Windows 10 April 2018 update was installed, the Start menu on my work PC had been broken. I click but the Start menu does not appear, and nothing happens except a brief busy ⭕️. I have to launch all apps manually, either by running from a...
  9. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...
  10. Windows April Update

Windows April Update: I've already asked about it, but the problem is still here - Installation stops at 30%, notebook reboots and then it goes to an infinite loop. Here are the files from the C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback and C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther folders...