Windows 10: Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives.

Discus and support Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Solved. Found the solution with help from neighbour thanks. 156884 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graham G, May 22, 2020.

1. Graham G Win User

Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives.

Solved.
    Found the solution with help from neighbour thanks.

:)

Graham G, May 22, 2020
  2. jt12345 Win User

page/swap file size and location for 2-3 hard drives

Most recommend putting the page file on a seperate hard drive from Windows. So that one hard drive is reading and another hard drive is writting.

MS recommends page file sizes of a Min 1.5X to a Max 3X system RAM. But they also say to have a page file on your OS drive for errors. That Windows will choose the Page file on the drive that Windows is not on.

So my setups currently are:

With 2 hard drives...
    --Windows/games/programs on 1st hard drive
    --Page File on 2nd hard drive (2 times the size of system ram@2gb, so 2048X2=4096 page file size)

With 3 hard drives...
    --Windows on 1st hard drive
    --Games/programs on 2nd hard drive
    --Page file on 3rd hard drive (2 times the size of system ram@2gb, so 2048X2=4096mb page file size)

How are these configurations?

Does the maximum page/swap file size of 3X system ram apply to a single hard drive or all hard drives with swap files on the system total.

Ie. can i put from example above a swap file on my system drive 4096mb and another page file on other drives of 4096mb each for a total of 2 page files or 4096X2 that is greater than the 3x system ram??

thanks

jt12345, May 22, 2020
  3. little cat, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives.

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives.

1. Windows Start Up Page for 2 hard drives. - Similar Threads - Start Page hard

2. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  3. Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Scan&Repair at every start up: I'm sure this is a common issue as there's already lots of questions regarding it. However, none of the proposed solutions I found worked so far.Ever since a few months ago I ran into the issue that Windows 10 tries to scan and repair my C: Drive at every start up, but...
  4. hard drive at 100% immediately after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive at 100% immediately after start up: My hard drive is running at 100% as soon as I start the Toshiba laptop. I have formatted the hard drive and fresh installed windows 10. As soon as I start the laptop and open Task Manager it shows as 100% before I start program eg Microsoft edge or Microsoft Solitaire...
  5. hard drive at 100% immediately after start up

hard drive at 100% immediately after start up: My hard drive is running at 100% as soon as I start the Toshiba laptop. I have formatted the hard drive and fresh installed windows 10. As soon as I start the laptop and open Task Manager it shows as 100% before I start program eg Microsoft edge or Microsoft Solitaire...
  6. 3tb hard drive showing up as 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3tb hard drive showing up as 2: i recently had to redownload windows 10 because it wasnt booting, my 3tb hard drive was only showing up as 2tb, i ignored it for a while but now i am running low on storage how do i get my extra tb?...
  7. Start-up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  8. Start Up Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Up Page: Whenever I wake up my PC which is running Windows 10 I get a lovely photo. I then sign in and that brings up the MS page. I do not want to see the MS page, just my desktop picture, etc. This has just started recently and I would like to eliminate that page right after I...
  9. Start up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up page: my start up page keep changing from the setting that I have,, such as the Theme , my task bar setting, my default app on the internet. When I logout and back in everything on the start up page has change again....
  10. Having 2 hard drives

Having 2 hard drives: Does anyone here have 2 HDDs or 2 SSDs that they use one for the soul purpose of the OS and use the other for installing software? I'm highly considering that. Is that possible in Win10? 21663