Windows 10: Windows start up pictures

Discus and support Windows start up pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Windows 10 has lots of random start up pictures. I have loads and some are better. Where does microsoft store these and can I add mine to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Oct 9, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

Windows start up pictures

Hi. Windows 10 has lots of random start up pictures. I have loads and some are better. Where does microsoft store these and can I add mine to the collection.

:)

otuatail, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 9, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Change the start button picture AKA How to screw Windows up: The Complicated Way

This should (in theory) change the start button, but here goes anyways. I did (or didn't, whatever you want to call it) do this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Step 1: Get artsy
    Make a sweet picture of a nuclear trefoil from the Duke Nukem website.

Step 2: Rambo, I choose you!
    Grab ResEdit x64, attempt to assume control of C:\Windows, and Explorer.exe - I apparently had trouble doing this right. Plan B: Copy Explorer.exe elsewhere.

Step 3: Take the safety off
    Open new Explorer.exe with ResEdit, delete pictures 6801, 6805, and 6809, add the sweet trefoil 3 times (interesting...), rename one picture to 6801, the next to 6805, the last to 6809 (making sure that each of them are "English (United States)"). Save. Don't attempt to run the new Explorer.exe to see if it works.

Step 4: Pop a few shots
    Attempt to write over the original Explorer.exe.

Step 5: Miss
    Windows says I have to get permission to do that.

Step 6: Grab a bigger gun
    Pop into Linux, teach Windows a thing or two.

Step 7: Complain about the giant hole in your forehead
    Start Windows, around this time you should be greeted by a black screen and a message that says that Explorer.exe has crashed; if not, you are unlucky *Smile Windows start up pictures :)

Step 8: Grab a band-aid
    Curse like a sailor. Pop back into Linux, notice that there are Explorer.exe.1 and Explorer.exe.2 in the Windows folder. Delete FUBARed Explorer.exe, rename Explorer.exe.2 to Explorer.exe.

All in all, nothing was lost. If anybody knows how to do it correctly, do tell.

hellrazor, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Windows start up pictures

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows start up pictures

1. Windows start up pictures - Similar Threads - start pictures

2. How to disable the picture Win 11 shows when the PC starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the picture Win 11 shows when the PC starts: When I start my PC Win 11 shows odd pictures before I log in. How can I disable that, since the pictures are just awful. I searched for this but only found answers for lock screen pictures, search bar pictures ...Device name ryzen5Processor AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G with Radeon...
  3. How to disable the picture Win 11 shows when the PC starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the picture Win 11 shows when the PC starts: When I start my PC Win 11 shows odd pictures before I log in. How can I disable that, since the pictures are just awful. I searched for this but only found answers for lock screen pictures, search bar pictures ...Device name ryzen5Processor AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G with Radeon...
  4. I Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background, then choose Picture, Click Browse,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background, then choose Picture, Click Browse,...: Using Windows 11. The photos app shows the pics without issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-open-start-settings-personalization-background/93ee9bdd-192e-4e27-a3c4-4d694ba7ea54
  5. I Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background, then choose Picture, Click Browse,...

I Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background, then choose Picture, Click Browse,...: Using Windows 11. The photos app shows the pics without issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-open-start-settings-personalization-background/93ee9bdd-192e-4e27-a3c4-4d694ba7ea54
  6. I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry...

I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry...: I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry and focused intermittently while recording. How can i fix this?...
  7. I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry...: I have a microsoft lifecam cinema web cam. When i start recording the picture gets blurry and focused intermittently while recording. How can i fix this?...
  8. After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...

After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...: After recent Micro soft up-date and restart have 'lost 'Task Bar' and 'Desk Top Picture' is now enlarged and off centre. how can these be recovered?...
  9. After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...: After recent Micro soft up-date and restart have 'lost 'Task Bar' and 'Desk Top Picture' is now enlarged and off centre. how can these be recovered?...
  10. After recent up date and re-start have lost 'task bar' and 'picture at start up' is now off...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start up pictures

2. windows start up pictures how do i get them