Windows 10: Windows start very slowly

Discus and support Windows start very slowly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a month ago I had an update for Windows 10 and after that, the computer began to boot very slowly (it took him more than 30 minutes to go up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TsahiBarshevsky, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Windows start very slowly

About a month ago I had an update for Windows 10 and after that, the computer began to boot very slowly (it took him more than 30 minutes to go up and reach to the login screen) and sometimes the language changed to gibberish or strange symbols. After about a week, the problem settled itself. Last night I put the computer into sleep mood and when I turned it on this morning the problem came back. It takes a lot of time to get up and again the language is gibberish and the start button does not work.

I would like to point out that the computer has been formatted three times due to failed updates and I am looking for a real solution to the current problem.

So, are there any suggestions for a solution that is not reinstalling Windows?

Thanks.

:)

TsahiBarshevsky, Apr 6, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows start very slowly

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows start very slowly

1. Windows start very slowly - Similar Threads - start very slowly

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  4. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec: when starting edge takes up to 30 sec to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-starts-very-slowly-sometimes-15-sec/adb4896b-ac63-47a7-a1ac-33bd4d3e45ea
  6. edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge starts very slowly sometimes 15 sec: when starting edge takes up to 30 sec to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-starts-very-slowly-sometimes-15-sec/adb4896b-ac63-47a7-a1ac-33bd4d3e45ea
  7. Window 10 suddenly started running very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window 10 suddenly started running very slowly: Yesterday night windows suddenly started running very slowly. I have done a few things to try and sort it out, and it seems like it is now limited to things in windows explore. The menu takes a long time to come up when I right click a file, if I click rename it takes about...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly started running very slowly

Windows 10 suddenly started running very slowly: Yesterday night windows suddenly started running very slowly. I have done a few things to try and sort it out, and it seems like it is now limited to things in windows explore. The menu takes a long time to come up when I right click a file, if I click rename it takes about...
  9. Windows 10 is running very slowly.

Windows 10 is running very slowly.: HOw do I speed up Window s 10? Are there files I need to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-running-very-slowly/2ab1c823-577b-4d2b-be05-e8ec6b9ddde2
  10. Windows 10 started working very slowly

Windows 10 started working very slowly: My PC started working very slowly all the time and with all the applications, including booting. I have Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.167). I appreciate your help....