Windows 10: Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes...

Discus and support Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With a recent update it started showing the temperature. Now it shows the air quality index, but only sporadically. Is this by the developers wishes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Aug 22, 2021.

1. ironfist Win User

Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes...

With a recent update it started showing the temperature. Now it shows the air quality index, but only sporadically. Is this by the developers wishes?

:)

ironfist, Aug 22, 2021

2. Windows Index won't start

Hi Edward,

Corrupted search catalog files might be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with stating the Windows index. To address this concern, we suggest rebuilding your search catalog. Doing so can repair search results and indexing of your Microsoft
    Windows and Microsoft Office system data files.

Follow these steps to rebuild the search catalog:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the Search box, type Indexing, and then choose Indexing Options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    • Answer the prompts to successfully run the troubleshooter.

If the same issue persists, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

Run the System File Checker tool. It is a utility that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system and restore corrupted files. The link contains further information about how to run the System File Checker tool.

Method 2:

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. This tool will automatically repair the components of your Windows operating system and records the corruptions to the log file.

To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt on the search results and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then hit Enter.
    • Once the scan is finished, restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes...

JaspreetSingh08, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes...

1. Windows started giving me Air Quality Index... sometimes... - Similar Threads - started giving Air

2. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors: Please help me out to resolve these errors.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-couldnt-start-and-give-me-errors/1ba1bd98-de94-427b-9631-31a8e9e64a4e
  3. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors: Please help me out to resolve these errors.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-couldnt-start-and-give-me-errors/1ba1bd98-de94-427b-9631-31a8e9e64a4e
  4. Windows 10 couldn't start and give me errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  6. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  7. Sometimes Windows is giving up on everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes Windows is giving up on everything: sometimes everything stops working. but in a way that it actually works but you just cant interact with iteg. Discord. I can see ppl messaging even tho its laggy. mouse cursor works fine but you cant click anything. sometimes taskbar recognizes your cursor and glows its...
  8. Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2: Hello, My computer is roughly 8 years old except for the video card that I upgraded back in April to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super. For the last couple of weeks, it is randomly freezing. I'm forced to turn it off and then back on. Once in a while I will get a BSOD....
  9. nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up: when i log on, nahimic keeps on saying "give us a minute, we are updating", how do i stop this message?, is it important to keep nahimic, as i am using windows 10 home 2004...
  10. Search indexing wont start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search indexing wont start.: Yesterday I tried searching my files. It took forever so I looked it up. It turns out I needed to enable search indexing. It kept starting and stopping so I went to trouble shoot. It just said it wasn't running so I turned it on manually and got this error. This service...