Windows 10: Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

Discus and support Windows starts by itself after shutting down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows starts by itself after shutting down. I click shutdown from the start menu and it logs me out, turns off the displays, all the fans stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PizzaFox, Jun 28, 2019.

1. PizzaFox Win User

Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

Windows starts by itself after shutting down. I click shutdown from the start menu and it logs me out, turns off the displays, all the fans stop spinning and it's completely turned off. Right after that, the fans whir back to life and Windows starts booting up again without displaying any errors or messages.

I've looked around for solutions and have done most of the easier potential fixes, but nothing has worked.

:)

PizzaFox, Jun 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows starts by itself after shutting down.

1. Windows starts by itself after shutting down. - Similar Threads - starts itself shutting

2. PC turns itself back on after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns itself back on after shut down: Happened to me this morning, i got off my computer and clicked on shutdown and immediately after it restarted. I retried shutting it down today but it just restarts....
  3. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, and I found that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  4. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  5. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  6. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

7. Windows automatically starting after shut down

Windows automatically starting after shut down: A week or so ago my system turned itself back on after I had done a shut down. I thought it was me but this has happened multiple times this past week. Because this is happening when I am trying to go to bed the only thing I have been able to do to stop it was to turn off my...
  8. PC starts after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC starts after shutting down: Windows Version 2004 (Build 19041.867) Hey everyone, I have a problem with my PC where it will restart itself without my action and it even started a Discord-Call on it's own while I was in the bathroom after trying to shut it down. I haven't found anything useful on the...
  9. Laptop shuts down by itself.

Laptop shuts down by itself.: It's been a day now that I have been getting this problem.. My laptop suddenly, out of nowhere decides to shut down after like 45 mins of usage. I thought it is because of overheating though I do not do any heavy gaming or work. The fan is functioning properly I tried...
  10. Laptop shuts down by itself.

Laptop shuts down by itself.: My laptop shuts itself down as soon as left idle for a short amount of time. Have to press power button for a long time before screen becomes alive again and then message appears in upper left hand corner that system did not shut down cleanly. It then goes through some...