Windows 10: Windows starts by itself when shutdown

Discus and support Windows starts by itself when shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just Yesterday upgraded from 8.1 to 10 with out any problems. But, Unless fast start up is disabled, windows will start by itself a few minutes later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gambit66, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Gambit66 Win User

Windows starts by itself when shutdown

Just Yesterday upgraded from 8.1 to 10 with out any problems. But, Unless fast start up is disabled, windows will start by itself a few minutes later after I shutdown. Did not have this problem before with 8.1.

Always had fast startup selected, matter of fact, never had to worry about it, had no problems when shutting down, it stayed off until I turned it on. Now since upgraded to 10, the only solution so far to stop the computer from starting up by itself after shutdown, is to disable fast start.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Gambit66, Nov 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 starts Typing by itself when left idle

Hi Jayne,

Thank you for the update.

You may also try running the Microsoft safety scanner and check if the issue persists.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Please refer the below link to download
    and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

DISCLAIMER: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 starts Typing by itself when left idle

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The first time it happened I was typing an email. The second time, I wasn't doing anything but was sitting in front of the screen when I saw it start to type 2 in a reply to someones post on Facebook.

I haven't tried another keyboard as yet. This Laptop is only 3 weeks old and came with Windows 10.

Once the issue starts, it will continue to type 2 on any webpage or document I try to use or open.

I will try the driver update.

Thank you

JaynePerry, Nov 30, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows starts by itself when shutdown - Similar Threads - starts itself shutdown

2. Windows 11 resets itself after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 resets itself after force shutdown: Today my PC stuck, I decided to force shutdown by pressing power button for 15 to 20 seconds. After powering on everything was reset no any personal found.It happens everytime I shutdown/restart the PC resets itself with no any persaonal data saved. Behave like it has been on...
  3. windows 10 shutdown when starting a game HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 shutdown when starting a game HELP: ok so last night i started a game team fortress 2 and then right when the game started the screen went black then restartedlooked at the event viewer and two codes show up a code id 6008 and a code id of 41 witch is a kernel power errorand reliability shows a shutdown...
  4. windows 10 shutdown when starting a game HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 shutdown when starting a game HELP: ok so last night i started a game team fortress 2 and then right when the game started the screen went black then restartedlooked at the event viewer and two codes show up a code id 6008 and a code id of 41 witch is a kernel power errorand reliability shows a shutdown...
  5. windows 10 shutdown when starting a game HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Pc shutdown by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shutdown by itself: I’m running windows 10 pro build 21h1 os build from this month September and it was a storm with lightning and my pc went off but the others worked just fine what it should be the power source , or the heating from pc or I needed to change the thermal paste from processor it...
  7. Windows locked itself cause of repeated shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows locked itself cause of repeated shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Brutual_Bro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjafo0/windows_locked_itself_cause_of_repeated_shutdown/
  8. Pc restarts itself after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc restarts itself after shutdown: When I press shutdown button in start menu,It restarts itself.Usually it happens at night. How can I fix this? 139074
  9. No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse when starting after Shutdown or Restart: When I shutdown my desktop computer and then start it I have no mouse. If I select Enter on my keyboard I can get to the login screen. Then I tab over to the Power icon and select it with the Enter key. I use the arrow keys to move up to Sleep and select Sleep with my Enter...
  10. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...