Windows 10: Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze

Discus and support Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so I had to factory reset my computer since it wasn't starting up correctly. Worked fine for a day but now its like the title says. Trying to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slayer0OO, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Slayer0OO Win User

Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze

Ok so I had to factory reset my computer since it wasn't starting up correctly. Worked fine for a day but now its like the title says. Trying to use any apps in normal windows isnt gonna happen because it just freezes before they can start up.

Im out of things to try, so I'm hoping the internet can fix my issue of my acer laptop. Now im just gonna list everything i tried and what happened

Using a flashdrive to repair simply fails. Using it to install ends with a time where they said the flashdrive isnt complete, once there was only the unallocated option so I couldn't choose to install it, it freezes or it says some kind of error I cant remember exactly.

Restarting it to factory new or any kind of option from replacing all or keeping my files (assume I tried this for the other options as well) just doesn't work.

I tried to wipe the computer using DBAN but the computer says my flash drive doesn't have any bootable program.

I've tried ever option in windows recovery and I'm just hoping someone knows how to help. Thanks.

:)

Slayer0OO, Sep 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Rakesh81 Win User

Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Anil

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the above and no difference.

In answer to your questions please see below.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?Rakesh: it's mainly the computer freezing. I don't use Internet Explorer

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications? Rakesh: The main thing which is slow more often than not is windows explorer.
      Also sometimes when I hit the start key or search through 'ask me anything' the computer freeezes.

• Does your PC hangs? Rakesh: The PC does hang, sometimes for 10-15mins before recovering or requiring a manual restart.

Thanks

Rakesh

Rakesh81, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows starts up then slows down to a freeze - Similar Threads - starts slows down

2. Windows 10 running slow on start up and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running slow on start up and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build and i will lsit all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  3. Windows 10 running slow on start up and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 running slow on start up and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build and i will lsit all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  4. Windows 10 running slow on start up and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Solution for Slow Start Up & Shut Down after Windows Updates

Solution for Slow Start Up & Shut Down after Windows Updates: Hello All,Wanted to get the word out about a strange glitch after the last Windows Updates, After the updates, the Desktop started to start up and shut down 3-4 times slower than before. Once running, it worked just as before. Research pointed to Fast Startup not being...
  6. Internet gradually slows down after start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet gradually slows down after start up.: I am connected to the internet via a Netgear wireless router, and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet speed gradually slows down and ultimately I am unable to load webpages/internet content through any browser/other software. When I initially boot...
  7. Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down

Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down: Earlier it was just freezing during shutdown/restart so I ignored it as I could just forcefully shutdown the PC using the power button. But now I can't even login, the moment it shows mouse pointer on screen after boot screen, keyboard, mouse everything just freezes up. No...
  8. Windows 10 slowed down or freezes

Windows 10 slowed down or freezes: ...I have recently experienced a severe slowdown of Windows 10 since I installed Office 365 almost a year ago. Most of my Office programs (especially Outlook and Word) have slowed down significantly, and periodically freeze. This also appears to cause my PC to freeze as...
  9. Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading

Windows 10 very slow down to boot and start up loading: My windows 10 device is very slow to boot and even the login page appears after few minutes of the power on. This was not the case earlier, not sure this happened due to the latest update. The startup app also taking lot of time to appear first time. Please help me solve the...
  10. slow then freezes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow then freezes up: freezes up then message not responding. can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-then-freezes-up/f7804f91-a514-41bd-8a4f-bcd9dd398174

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer slows down then freezes and restart