Windows 10: Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt.

Discus and support Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I removed a miner off my PC and today this happened. The miner I removed was called SoundMixer utility, it infected CMD so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dylan289, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Dylan289 Win User

Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt.

Hello, yesterday I removed a miner off my PC and today this happened.

The miner I removed was called SoundMixer utility, it infected CMD so everytime I tried starting it, it would mine. My cpu took a hit allowing me to notice it. I removed it from regedit as well.

Today upon starting my PC I was greeted with the user selection screen. Once signed in no task bar, background, or desktop icons showed up. However my VPN and spotify started up in task manager.

This is really confusing me, can anyone help? I can access another user account if I need to. But I rather not reset windows unless I have to.

:)

Dylan289, Jun 1, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 start black screen with cmd window

Hey All,

When I start windows it start black screen with CMD on c:\windows\system32
    I can run explorer.exe from the cmd or task manager run but it's annnoying.
    same happens also from safe mode (black screen and CMD)
    when running msconfig
    it's normal normal startup without safe boot.

I've scanned with kaspersky AntiVirus and malewarebytes Antimaleware but issue still remains.
    Would love some advise.

Thanks

biotech326, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt.

TairikuOkami, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt.

1. Windows starts up with a black screen and CMD prompt. - Similar Threads - starts black screen

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  4. Black screen on start up with no taskbar or start menu and command prompt opens with a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on start up with no taskbar or start menu and command prompt opens with a...: Hello, whenever I turn on my computer I am met with a black screen and a command prompt error. I am able to run task manager to open chrome, though when running "explorer" or "explorer.exe" the cursor changes to a loading cursor without anything opening. After about 10...
  5. Windows starts up to a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows starts up to a black screen: Ever since I ran a recent windows update, my PC has just been starting up onto a black screen. It boots up, shows the ASUS screen like normal, then the windows logo but when that disapeers, there is just a black screen. I have tried a using restore point and that didn’t...
  6. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  7. Black Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  8. black screen on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...
  9. Windows 10 Local User starts up to Black screen with cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Local User starts up to Black screen with cmd: My laptop main local user got into borken startup. After password input on load it gets into black screen with cmd open. I created another admin user and load seems normal. Is there some kind of repair I can run on the user settings or maybe some registry setting to verify...
  10. Windows 10 start black screen with cmd window

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start black screen with cmd window: Hey All, When I start windows it start black screen with CMD on c:\windows\system32 I can run explorer.exe from the cmd or task manager run but it's annnoying. same happens also from safe mode (black screen and CMD) when running msconfig it's normal normal startup...