Windows 10: Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop

Discus and support Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, running Win 10 PRO with all the latest updates. When I open and start my Laptop all the icons that I want in certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Pool Commish, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop

I have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2, running Win 10 PRO with all the latest updates.

When I open and start my Laptop all the icons that I want in certain places are now all over the desktop. If you try and move them, they will not go to where you want them. This happens about 90% of the time.

I then hit “restart” and the icons then go to where I have always set them up. Very frustrating!!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tony

:)

The Pool Commish, Aug 30, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop

1. Windows Starts with Icons all over Desktop - Similar Threads - Starts Icons Desktop

2. Constant black square over desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant black square over desktop icons: Hello, I have 2 computers that are constantly facing the same exact issues. Everytime I boot them, my desktop icons have black squares on them. There are quick fixes I have found that just put a bandaid on the problem such as using disk cleanup to delete temporary files and...
  3. All desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All desktop icons disappeared: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, at first, I realized my desktop icons are being backed up to OneDrive. Then in a few days they, after I am not sure what action, they were all gone from the screen. All I can see now is one icon at the top of the screen, permanently...
  4. Change desktop icons when hovering over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change desktop icons when hovering over: I have changed the options to make it so that when I click and drag, the selection box is red but now I want to make it so that when I hover over icons their background appears red instead of the light blue/gray. Is it possible to change the background color from the image...
  5. Desktop icons are arranged; then icons are scattered all over the screen

Desktop icons are arranged; then icons are scattered all over the screen: I arrange my desktop icons the way I want them. Then, all of a sudden they are all scattered! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-arranged-then-icons-are/aeb1c870-6590-42ca-ab03-8865bdbd4dff
  6. Blank Icon over all my shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank Icon over all my shortcuts: Hi, Yesterday I logged into onedrive for the first time. While setting up it asked me if I wanted to backup important folders like dektop, documents and stuff and I said yes. After I noticed that all my desktop shortcuts have that backup icon now I wanted to delete stop the...
  7. X's over pressable icons in all internet browsers and in the start search bar.

X's over pressable icons in all internet browsers and in the start search bar.: Exactly what the titles says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xs-over-pressable-icons-in-all-internet-browsers/d70a4346-3ae9-4e5c-bbdb-56ec96d410c8
  8. Start Menu Icons are All over the Desk top

Start Menu Icons are All over the Desk top: Hello , My Start Menu Icons are no longer in the Start Menu Button but All Over the Desk Top... On the Desk Top, Where the Short Cuts and Recycle bin are supposed to Be, there are options to show how these Start menu apps are supposed to be Laid Out. along with the Power on...
  9. All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps have an Exclamation Mark on over their icon and won't start.: Hello guys, I have the problem that is descibed in my title. I found this forum by googling this problem and I've tried basically every powershell command I could find with no sucess and now I look for new ideas. I can't do an in-place upgrade (keeping files option is...
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peter1986c