Windows 10: Windows startup configuration

Discus and support Windows startup configuration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an issue that I can't solve; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and everthing installed without problems exept when I start or restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichM, Aug 29, 2015.

1. RichM Win User

Windows startup configuration

I have an issue that I can't solve;
    I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and everthing installed without problems exept when I start or restart with a usb flash drive inserted, I get "Boot manager is missing". If I remove the flash drive and select Control-Alt-Delete windows starts with no problems.
    I realize the Windows trying to boot to the usb and fails.
    If anyone has an idea about how to remedy this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

RichM, Aug 29, 2015
  2. PCR Just PCR, Aug 29, 2015
  3. MrTwisted Win User
    Windows 10 Monitor will not go to sleep

Essential services are those essential for windows basic functions, in MSC (Microsoft system configuration) Diagnostic startup/Selective startup (Load system services)

MrTwisted, Aug 29, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Sounds like you have USB set ahead of the hard drive in the boot device sequence options. Since your PC is booting normally without the USB present, it's not likely to be a boot problem on the hard drive. Ordinarily, if the USB device doesn't contain boot code, the BIOS will just move on to the next device in the boot order -- and if that is the hard drive, should boot OK.

Is the USB stick you're inserting a bootable one? Because, if it is, and it has only some of boot files, or if other boot files on the USB are damaged, the BIOS will probably NOT move on to the next device -- exhibiting the problem you're experiencing.

Try the same thing with a USB stick that is not bootable, say one containing only some data files. The BIOS should pause briefly on the USB stick and then move on to the hard drive.

Mark Phelps, Aug 29, 2015
  6. RichM Win User
    Hi Mark,
    Thank you for your input. I tried 2 flash drives and got the same result.
    I tried my wife's flash drive and Viola ! It loaded with no problems.

RichM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows startup configuration - Similar Threads - startup configuration

2. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  3. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  4. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...: How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas will not be available. On windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-startup-commander-was-unable-to-read/b9a0818f-9d6a-41d4-a0b1-4327cf2c509f
  6. How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...

How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...: How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas will not be available. On windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-startup-commander-was-unable-to-read/b9a0818f-9d6a-41d4-a0b1-4327cf2c509f
  7. message d'erreur: startup commander was unable to read configuration for services. there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message d'erreur: startup commander was unable to read configuration for services. there...: Bonjour ,Je viens d'acheter un PC avec windows 11 et j'ai voulu reinstaller le pack Darty Serenité et j'ai un message d'erreur lorque je veux utiliser l'optimisationc\programmes files x86\pack darty\optimisation\darty. exestartup commander was unable to read configuration for...
  8. message d'erreur: startup commander was unable to read configuration for services. there...

message d'erreur: startup commander was unable to read configuration for services. there...: Bonjour ,Je viens d'acheter un PC avec windows 11 et j'ai voulu reinstaller le pack Darty Serenité et j'ai un message d'erreur lorque je veux utiliser l'optimisationc\programmes files x86\pack darty\optimisation\darty. exestartup commander was unable to read configuration for...
  9. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...
  10. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...