Windows 10: Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files...

Discus and support Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Himy pc takes about 15 minutes to startup. Have tried recently to do a sfc /scannow in safe mode and after checking it said some files were corrupt.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AnkitAnand1, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files...

Himy pc takes about 15 minutes to startup.

Have tried recently to do a sfc /scannow in safe mode and after checking it said some files were corrupt.

It also generated a log file. Can anyone help me understand the issue so i can fix it.

Thanks

:)

AnkitAnand1, Aug 7, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Help with sfc /scannow results

This is the correct information of what to do for SFC errors

Each Method/step below progresses to the next if the first does not fix any corrupted files that are found, etc.

Have you read this Microsoft information about repairing corrupt system files and errors?

"Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

And these eightforums.com Tutorials are very detailed for problems resulting from SFC Scan:

"How to Run "SFC /SCANNOW" Command at Boot or in Windows 8 and 8.1"

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

Read this Section there in conjunction with the rest of the information they give in above link.

Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files... [​IMG]
    Note

If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the
    sfc /scannow command 3 times restarting the PC after each time to completely fix everything that it's able to.

If not, then run the
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    command to repair any component store corruption,

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -CheckHealth

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -ScanHealth

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

Restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

If still not, then try using OPTION ONE above to run the
    sfc /scannow
    command at boot

If still not, then you could do a refresh of Windows 8, or run a
    System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occured to fix it. You may need to
    repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.

If still not, then you can use the steps in the TIP box in the OPTION THREE section to manually replace the files that SFC could not fix.

"How to Refresh Windows 8 and Windows 8.1"

Refresh Windows 8

Refreshing your PC goes like this:

• The PC boots into Windows RE (Recovery
      Environment).
    • Windows RE scans the hard drive for your data, settings, and apps, and puts them aside (on the same drive).
    • Windows RE installs a fresh copy of Windows.
    • Windows RE restores the data, settings, and apps it has set aside into the newly installed copy of Windows.
    • The PC restarts into the newly installed copy of Windows.

"How to Reset Windows 8 and Windows 8.1"

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2302-reset-windows-8-a.html

"When you reset your PC, the drive will be completely reset, and all your apps and files will be removed from it. Windows 8 will be reinstalled, and you'll need to change any settings and reinstall any apps that you want to
    get back after resetting. If you know if any files that you don't want to lose, then you should back those files up before starting the reset"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And if you do need installation Media this is the correct Microsoft links to get it and how to make Bootable Media from it:

"Create installation media for Windows 8.1"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

"Download Windows 8.1"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

A similar Tutorial which may also assist you

"Create Installation Media for Windows 8.1"

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/create-installation-media-windows-81

In the first screen of this very simple wizard, you need to choose the following:

Language. English – en-us if you're in the United States.

Edition. Windows 8.1 (Core), Windows 8.1 N, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro N, or Windows 8.1 Single Language.

Architecture. 64-bit (x64 ) or 32-bit (x86).

"How to Create a Bootable USB or DVD with a Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO"

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2227-create-bootable-usb-dvd-windows-8-iso.html

Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files... [​IMG]
    Warning

This will not work to install Windows 8 or 8.1 for UEFI. For that, see this tutorial below instead.

UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files...

Help with sfc /scannow results

Results of sfc /scannow: Windows Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported
    in offline servicing scenarios. How to I correct the problem. Also in task manager, I continually have 75-100 % usage when no programs are running

Renee'Tippitt, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files...

1. Windows startup is incredibly slow. Need help. Tried sfc /scannow - results said some files... - Similar Threads - startup incredibly slow

2. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  3. SFC /scannow needs my help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC /scannow needs my help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgeN13VZD2IalGWqfNw?e=WSrETs is the CBS FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-needs-my-help/856d5d09-5e2a-467d-8058-afbd0b101bb3
  4. Windows 10 very slow - sfc scannow results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow - sfc scannow results: My computer just started running very slow - almost unusable. Ran a Kaspersky virus check - no problem. Ran a System File Check (results attached). Don't know how to read the Log - otherwise, I would have included it. Could someone tell me what steps I should take next? Thank...
  5. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Interpreting sfc /scannow results: My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  6. Can't repair some files sfc scannow

Can't repair some files sfc scannow: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 today and after setting up everything, tweaking etc. I decided to re-overclock my GPU except I forgot what I used to have my core clock at so I accidentally pushed it a bit further than it could handle. Needless to say it crashed during...
  7. Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow)

Need Help With Corrupt File (sfc /scannow): Hello All, My system was acting a little funny so I ran an sfc /scannow of the system from my command prompt. It came back with the message Windows resource protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix them. The details are in the CBS log.Note that logging is...
  8. SFC /Scannow Results

SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  9. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  10. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130