Windows 10: Windows startup issue with new HHD Docking Station

Discus and support Windows startup issue with new HHD Docking Station in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Added a new external Eaxer Dual Bay Docking Station (also has built in USB 3 hub). The directions/instructions that came with it are pretty short and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Dec 16, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

Windows startup issue with new HHD Docking Station

Added a new external Eaxer Dual Bay Docking Station (also has built in USB 3 hub). The directions/instructions that came with it are pretty short and pretty basic. My issue is if I restart (or startup from system power off) while the docking station is powered on...the 2 HDD's do not show up in 'This PC', 'Device Manager'...etc

If I power off the DS...restart (or power on) Windows...then switch the DS power back on...presto...the drives are in This C, disk management, etc ?

Is this normal behavior for docking stations...and why would the Docking station need to be powered on after the PC is started in order for the drives to be recognized. ??

Thanks....TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 16, 2017
  2. cepharum Win User

Audio not working through a docking station

Stumbling over this issue using Surface 3 Pro in a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro-compatible docking station. I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. The docking station was shipped after upgrading, it's all new ... while docked I can use headphone
    jack of Surface 3 pro (in top left corner of device's frame), but using headphone jack of docking station doesn't work. There is no "Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device" recognized and thus I can't configure it using audio manager.

However, on undocking and redocking device some problem with recognizing recently attached USB device pops up informing about Windows having failed to recognize some new USB device.

My keyboard and mouse are both attached to USB port of docking station and either is functioning properly. So this driver issue doesn't seem to be related to supporting USB of docking station in general.

cepharum, Dec 16, 2017
  3. When is MS going to release the MS smartphone docking station?

MS patented a smartphone docking station according to news reports from 2009. When is this docking station going to become available to developers?

GrahamJSmith, Dec 16, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

I don't know if it's normal behavior or otherwise, but I had something similar happen to me on a docking station I bought from Newegg last year: a Dyconn Dubbler Dock. I had a variety of interesting problems with it, mostly because it requires loading a driver at startup before you can use it. That might be what's going on with your device as well. Sorry for your trouble: been there, done that.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows startup issue with new HHD Docking Station - Similar Threads - startup issue HHD

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Docking station issue

Docking station issue: I connected a docking station and when i close my laptop the monitors close also. how do I use my keyboard and mouse when laptop is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-issue/f18b0c39-e96f-4e79-941a-3cb3f1e6bd72
  6. Docking Stations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docking Stations on Windows 10: Hello, I have some old HDDs and I want to buy a docking station to connect them as external. I would like to ask: If the HDDs are infected with virus, can my System (Windows 10) be infected as well? Should I use Virtual Machine to explore my old HDDs? If this post is...
  7. USB on docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  8. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  9. Hp docking station

Hp docking station: Is there a way to change the docking station power button settings? When ita pushed now it turns off my computer, is there a way to turn that feature off or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-docking-station/0705e5a2-bd57-459f-901e-1d5a97c2b4c1
  10. Multiple Docking Stations

Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......