Windows 10: Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

Discus and support Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My dad's Dell Computer has been stuck on an Automatic Repair loop for hours now, where it fails repair, then asks for a bitlocker recovery key, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miqdad_Suleman, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

My dad's Dell Computer has been stuck on an Automatic Repair loop for hours now, where it fails repair, then asks for a bitlocker recovery key, then fails startup anyway. I tried all the startup options short of formatting the computer, but it's still not working. I've done a bit of research and I managed to disable automatic repair, but now, rather than going to bitlocker, it tells me:

The Operating System couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

File: \WINDOW\system32\drivers\avgRvrt.sys

Error code: 0xc000007b

My dad says the only thing that went differently today was that AVG had an update that took very long and while I'm not sure it's AVG, looking at the .sys file makes me think it is. So I tried then to uninstall AVG through CMD, but wmic keeps giving me 'invalid node' or 'invalid description' errors.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Miqdad_Suleman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Miqdad_Suleman, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 14, 2021
  3. PeterHH Win User
    AVG Shell Extension causing issues with Windows 10 Explorer.exe

Happens here just since this week as well, and it is likely to be caused by one of the latest updates of AVG.
    When removing the AVG-application from the context-menu, the problem is solved.

To get rid of AVG from the context-menu, download CCleaner (from piriform.com), install & open the application. Then click "Tools" -> "Startup" -> "Context Menu" and disable "AVG Shell Extension". Note, the AVG-extension can be twice in the list, disable both of them. As far as I know this is not making your pc less secure, it will just not provide you the option "scan with avg" when right clicking a folder or document.
    Hopefully AVG picks this bug up soon & fixes it.

PeterHH, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

update has caused startup loop and windows volume 2

Recent microsoft update has caused a startup loop that I can't fix and a volume 2 of windows 10 to appear. Using Rollback just cauese a feedback loop.Help !!

MarkForster, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

1. Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update. - Similar Threads - Startup Loop caused

2. AVG Previous Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Previous Updates: Is it possible to delete previous AVG updates? If so, how to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avg-previous-updates/cd618373-0951-4f8e-bd3b-2a4cb28a1cec
  3. Startup crash loop caused by StorSvc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup crash loop caused by StorSvc: Whenever I log on after just booting up, the background would be black and the taskbar and mouse would flash. This would go on for 15 or so minutes after logon. Occurs every single time after booting up computer, but less likely to occur if logging on after an hour of booting...
  4. Windows update KB4601319 causing startup loop. HELP.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update KB4601319 causing startup loop. HELP.: Ever since the update came out, the laptop refuses to restart and gets stuck on the windows sign, for 8-10 hours and then crashes, goes to diagnostics and boom, can't use my laptop at all. Initially, I just postponed the updates but now I don't have the option to do that....
  5. Update causing Windows Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causing Windows Repair loop: The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place. A complication is that while "Continue to...
  6. Startup Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Loop: I just installed a new hard drive into my PC. I've already out the Media Creation Tool onto a USB Drive and that's plugged in. When I try to boot my PC with the USB Drive, it just shows the loading screen infinitely. Does anyone know how to fix this?[IMG]...
  7. Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causing Windows Repair loop + no administrator: The latest Windows 10 update, after restart, doesn't let me log in to my computer. Windows seems to be stuck in a Windows Repair Mode loop, where every option simply results in Windows restarting and winding up at the same place. A complication is that while "Continue to...
  8. Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo: Hi guys. The problem I'm experiencing is that on startup most of my programs crash. Nvidia is the first one then other startup programs. If I attempt to run other programs then they crash as well. The error reads that the program was unable to startup. It works after...
  9. Startup Repair Loop - Caused by Mouse ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Repair Loop - Caused by Mouse ?: Hey clever-minds I am writing out of desperation, my issue is not the biggest but it's annoying as stomping your toe on the corner of a table or something. When I start my computer I have to have my orginal mouse that came with the computer connected, else it just goes...
  10. Startup loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup loop: Im having a horrible problem on my toshiha laptop when its booting up it just shows the toshiha logo then the black screen with the white underscore after that it repeats endlessly Ive tried to force turn off my computer many times but I cannot get the troubleshoot options...