Windows 10: Windows startup password change

Discus and support Windows startup password change in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a laptop and have been using my startup password for may years. I recently changed the password to demonstrate how a password could be changed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RoadKill44, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Windows startup password change

I have a laptop and have been using my startup password for may years. I recently changed the password to demonstrate how a password could be changed except now when I attempt to go back to my original password I get an "old password" type message and forces me to select a new password. Is there any way around that so that I can reuse my preferred original password?

:)

RoadKill44, Jul 12, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows startup password change

Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows startup password change

1. Windows startup password change - Similar Threads - startup password change

2. Startup password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup password: How can I eliminate the need for a password when first turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-password/c60ea641-bd5f-40f4-ae65-995056fd1351
  3. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?: I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ. There is one user - me as Admin. The box...
  4. Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove need for password on startup - Netplwiz changed?: I have had to reinstall Windows so am re-setting things to what I want. As a new install I have the latest version. One thing I don't want is to not have to enter a password on startup. In the past I could do this by using NETPLWIZ. There is one user - me as Admin. The box...
  5. Startup password change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup password change: Overnight my laptop either went into sleep mode or restarted and my startup PIN was changed to a password. I tried to reset password but a window pops up statung “No Drive” and needs a removble media to proceed. How do I fix this issue? The background of my startup was...
  6. windows startup password

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows startup password: i want to disable windows logon password i just bought HP laptop with windows 10 home but i signed with microsoft account instead of local one now when i go to netplwiz command there is no option to tick untick ask for password field what to do thanks...
  7. startup password

startup password: Yes I'm having a problem with Microsoft account I have a password on my laptop that I have been Locked out of for over a yr now My girlfriend set up a password and has forgotten what it is Now I cannot get into my laptop and I'm sick of it, I have gave all the information it...
  8. How to change my laptop Startup password

How to change my laptop Startup password: I would like to change my laptop login password. I know the current one but would like to change it as I have had it a long time. I keep being asked for a start up disk. I do not have one....
  9. Change PC Startup login password

Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4
  10. password on startup

password on startup: I was given this laptop by my stepson. He gave me the password. How to I get rid of having to put in a password every time I turn it on? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-on-startup/141bde6a-c126-4507-b1f5-5f18af33535a"