Windows 10: Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit

Discus and support Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have accidently installed 64 bit os on a 32 bit I guess as I was trying to install windows on my pc as I got an error 0xc00002la and I wasn't able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rasesh Thakker, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit

I have accidently installed 64 bit os on a 32 bit I guess as I was trying to install windows on my pc as I got an error 0xc00002la and I wasn't able to fix it anyway and using a bootable drive to install windows was the only option left with me. However after selecting 64 bit the process of installation began but after it got completed my windows isn't starting at all, it's just showing the first page while startup. Please help.

:)

Rasesh Thakker, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Santossy Win User

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor?

I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was already installed. Then, I tried installing it online but it didn't show
    me any option to select between 32-bit and 64-bit instead directly installed the windows 10 32-bit again. Now I'm really helpless how to change my OS to 64-bit as I've a x64-bit based processor. Somebody please help me..............,

Santossy, Aug 23, 2021
  3. JimWynne Win User
    32 bits instead of 64 bits

I don't know why you would expect the upgrade of a 32-bit OS would be 64-bit. Changing architecture requires a clean installation and the free offer is for an in-place upgrade. You can use the
    Media Creation Tool to install the 64-bit version, but it will need to be a clean installation.

JimWynne, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Saidrex Win User

Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit

32-bit or 64-bit OS?

What would be better for intel core i5-2500, 4 gb RAM, video - geforce gtx460. Which would give the best performance. Im planning to instal 2 OS, one windows 7, second windows xp.
    Im afraid that 32-bit applications will not run on 64-bit os or will be laggy or something. I readed somewhere that 64-bit os will boost cpu performance, is that true?

Saidrex, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit

1. Windows startup problem. 64 bit os installed instead of 32 bit - Similar Threads - startup problem bit

2. Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit: I am having issues with uninstalling Microsoft 365 64 bit and installing a 32 bit so I can download the Visio program 32 bit. When I go to uniinstall anything related to office, it comes up with "please wait until current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" Any...
  3. Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit: I am having issues with uninstalling Microsoft 365 64 bit and installing a 32 bit so I can download the Visio program 32 bit. When I go to uniinstall anything related to office, it comes up with "please wait until current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" Any...
  4. Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS: Currently, I run windows 10 home 32 Bit on a 64 Bit processor. I am looking to upgrade the OS to 64 Bit but I don’t want to reinstall Windows as the computer is from a relative who passed away and was working on a application for training pilots. As there is no exe installer,...
  6. Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS: Currently, I run windows 10 home 32 Bit on a 64 Bit processor. I am looking to upgrade the OS to 64 Bit but I don’t want to reinstall Windows as the computer is from a relative who passed away and was working on a application for training pilots. As there is no exe installer,...
  7. Move from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS

8. 32 bit to 64 bit problem

32 bit to 64 bit problem: So it has been a week since i tried upgrading my windows 10 pc 32 bit to 64 bits.And when i get the setup and try to run it,it says “This app cant run on your pc” My pc is x64 bits compatible but it wont work out pls help...
  9. Updating 32 bit to 64 bit os

Updating 32 bit to 64 bit os: My pc is compatible with 64 bit os when i try to install windows 10 64 bit it says t"app can't run on your pc please tell a solution to this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-32-bit-to-64-bit-os/13a83015-6d2d-46bb-bc4b-efdc8d2f6eba
  10. Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor: How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor? I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was...