Windows 10: Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Discus and support Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop was booting directly to UEFI after a Windows update since it couldn't find the OS. I have a bootable USB that I am trying to use to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Full_Keel, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Full_Keel Win User

Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

Hi. My laptop was booting directly to UEFI after a Windows update since it couldn't find the OS. I have a bootable USB that I am trying to use to repair with. The computer's only internal storage is an SSD which has BitLocker. I have found and entered the correct key, but, after a few seconds of trying to unlock the drive, I get the error `Failed to unlock with this recovery key`.

The bootable USB contains Windows 10 home which was freshly installed onto my USB drive a few hours ago using Microsoft's Installation Media Tool.

And yes, I have triple checked and reentered the recovery key. No, I'm not entering the key ID; I'm entering the 48 digit recovery key from my Microsoft account which I matched to the ID so that I know I'm entering the correct one.

:)

Full_Keel, Jul 13, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jul 13, 2020
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Jul 13, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Startup recovery "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" - Similar Threads - Startup recovery Failed

2. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  3. Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Key fails to unlock bitlocker encrypted disk: I was encrypting a secondary os, w11, and the process required to restart the PC. By default restarted in the primary os, when I tried to continue the encrypting process of the secondary disk, bitlocker asks for the recovery kid. When I insert the correct recovery Key the...
  4. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  5. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Failed to unlock with this recovery key: Laptop: Asus Rog G14, good conditionMy laptop started crahsing bsod more often than it used to, about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think of much and continued to use it. 2 days ago it got really bad and today upon launch it gives me the 'unmountable boot volume' stop code. All...
  6. Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  8. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key: We have a system with BitLocker Enabled. The system requested a recovery key and we entered the correct 48-digit recovery password based on the provided Recovery Key ID. However, after entering the recovery key, it says "Failed to unlock with this recovery key" may I know how...
  9. Windows BitLocker Recovery Key Not Working Failed to unlock with this recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed...