Windows 10: Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.

Discus and support Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH] And each time I have press Enter to continue. This started happening after I had problems with video drivers: some system files seemed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yusuf Eren Aygül, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.

Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot. 72d8ef0c-b796-4a1c-a11a-a82d1bf8b594?upload=true.png

And each time I have press Enter to continue.

This started happening after I had problems with video drivers: some system files seemed to be corrupted — nothing worked — and I had to reboot Windows in safe mode. After that day I see this menu every day and don't know how to disable it. I tried this but it didn't work:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Command Prompt Admin.
    2. In the command prompt window, type the command below and press Enter.

bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions false

:)

Yusuf Eren Aygül, Feb 21, 2021

2. Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

Hello!

I have an unusual problem. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.

Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot. 78c14e15-a7ef-45c9-9c8d-5c36a77b87ee.png

And each time I have press Enter to continue.

This started happening after I had problems with video drivers: some system files seemed to be corrupted — nothing worked — and I had to reboot Windows in safe mode. After that day I see this menu every day and don't know how to disable it.

Is there a way to disable startup settings menu on Windows boot? (without Windows re-install)

Aleksei Segodin, Feb 21, 2021
  3. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.

Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

Hi Aleksei,

Looks like your computer is set to always boot to Startup Settings first before booting to Windows 10. Basically, booting your computer to Startup Settings provides options to start your computer in different advanced troubleshooting modes which can help identify
    and address possible problems on the PC.

To disable Startup Settings on Windows boot, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt window, type the command below and press Enter.

bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions false

Once done, restart your computer and see if your computer boots directly to Windows 10.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.

1. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot. - Similar Threads - startup settings menu

2. Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?: Hello!I have an unusual problem. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.I tried the command code but didnt workedAnd also i reset settings do default in BIOShttps://pasteboard.co/Y4b9E91C6vf3.png...
  3. Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup settings menu shows on each Windows boot. How to disable It?: Hello!I have an unusual problem. Windows startup settings menu shows and asks for action on each OS boot.I tried the command code but didnt workedAnd also i reset settings do default in BIOShttps://pasteboard.co/Y4b9E91C6vf3.png...
  4. file explorer right click menu not showing key's shortcuts for each action.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer right click menu not showing key's shortcuts for each action.: Hi. I have been enjoying using shortcuts, enthusiastic to learn new windows shortcuts to boost up my productivity. Few days ago, right click context menu started to stop displaying shortcut key for each action....
  5. file explorer right click menu not showing key's shortcuts for each action.

file explorer right click menu not showing key's shortcuts for each action.: Hi. I have been enjoying using shortcuts, enthusiastic to learn new windows shortcuts to boost up my productivity. Few days ago, right click context menu started to stop displaying shortcut key for each action....
  6. Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.: Hello,For the past week when I go to start up my computer it shows the MSI logo as usual and then it takes me to the Intel boot agent. It has a lot of text on screen but ends with “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a...
  7. Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.

Computer will not startup and is asking for a boot device.: Hello,For the past week when I go to start up my computer it shows the MSI logo as usual and then it takes me to the Intel boot agent. It has a lot of text on screen but ends with “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a...
  8. No startup settings in recovery menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No startup settings in recovery menu: My computer is working properly, but I'm trying to boot into safe mode for something. I used the normal method (shift+click on Restart in the start menu), and that brought me to the recovery options, but I have no startup settings to be able to choose safe mode. How do I get...
  9. Boot menu @ startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot menu @ startup: How to stop boot menu @ startup in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-menu-startup/9d13da18-285d-4fdb-9fd3-607cf4cf1fe5
  10. OS selection menu not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose an operating system windows 10