Windows 10: Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..."

Discus and support Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ages ago, I turned on some Windows features on my new PC, then an error occurred and then it restarted my PC. Since then, all the startup/shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WinUser_911, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..."

Ages ago, I turned on some Windows features on my new PC, then an error occurred and then it restarted my PC. Since then, all the startup/shutdown messages turned into "Just a moment..." messages. This is very annoying when I have to do a Windows Update because I don't know what it is doing. I have run SFC /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth, thinking it was a corrupted file, but apparently it said everything was fine. Some other people say it is a Registry problem, but I don't know which key to look for. Has anyone got any ideas?

:)

WinUser_911, May 16, 2020
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, May 16, 2020
  3. sachind1 Win User
    script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, May 16, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..."

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..."

1. Windows Startup/Shutdown Messages turned into "Just a moment..." - Similar Threads - Startup Shutdown Messages

2. Just a moment problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just a moment problem: Just a moment problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-moment-problem/eadd34b6-ba58-4e66-ac56-07351079bf94
  3. Just a moment problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just a moment problem: Just a moment कुछ नहीं हो रहा है कुछ option भी नहीं शो कर रहा है https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-moment-problem/70f832c3-a30d-458c-b3d5-98412d8764f5
  4. Just a moment screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a moment screen.: Today I started my laptop,after entering password, JUST A MOMENT screen appeared which was gone after 5-6 seconds automatically and loaded to the desktop. It appeared 2 times today. So is it normal?...
  5. Windows 10 slow startup,Small bluescreen "Just a Moment"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 slow startup,Small bluescreen "Just a Moment": I usually Power up my PC a couple times a week,today i booted up and my PC was on but my monitor displayed a black screen for almost a min then my log in screen finally came on,when i logged in a small blue screen popped up saying "Just a moment",Then it offered me services...
  6. Just a moment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just a moment: HelloMy friend downloaded the Nvidia driver then the PC restarted then had a black screen with the cursor. We tried to clean the disk but then for a long time it shows him Just a moment...
  7. Stuck at "Just a moment..."

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck at "Just a moment...": I booted up my surface pro 3 and i saw just a moment in at the lock screen It has been stuck there for so long. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-just-a-moment/d446b53f-f71f-4f75-8e2f-b69103de8867
  8. “Just a moment...” screen on every startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Just a moment...” screen on every startup: Hi, recently whenever I start my PC I’m met with this “Just a moment...” screen in a square in the middle. This lasts about 3 minutes before it puts me to my desktop. This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I have it on an SSD and before this issue it would load in 3-4 seconds....
  9. "Just a moment" when pc turns on and i log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Just a moment" when pc turns on and i log on: It always happens whenever I shut down or restart and it turns on again It looks like the windows 10 setup menu but it just says "just a moment" with the loading circle It takes 10 minutes for it to go away and everything looks the same What is causing this? submitted by...
  10. Just a moment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just a moment: Wheel spinning - blue screen - "Just a moment" Been happening for sometime now. I suspect it is stuck in a loop, What can I do to avoid screwing things up any worse than they are? This started after I had to do a Reset after trying to upgrade from Windows 10 version 1703...