Windows 10: Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

Discus and support Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Anthony David3, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?

:)

Anthony David3, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

1. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly - Similar Threads - startup sound doesnt

2. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  4. Sound doesnt play on certain Programs

Sound doesnt play on certain Programs: i installed software called razer axon and doesnt play sound somehow.i can see sound coming in volume mixer but doesnt show sound in master volume somehow[image1]for other apps its completely fine but 1 app doesnt work.my windows are 20H2 but doesnt sound okay.[image2]...
  5. Sound doesnt play on certain Programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesnt play on certain Programs: i installed software called razer axon and doesnt play sound somehow.i can see sound coming in volume mixer but doesnt show sound in master volume somehow[image1]for other apps its completely fine but 1 app doesnt work.my windows are 20H2 but doesnt sound okay.[image2]...
  6. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  7. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  8. Sound doesnt switch correctly

Sound doesnt switch correctly: I often switch from using headphones to using a Bluetooth speaker. When I do this, I goto the speaker button on the taskbar and switch from speaker to headphones or vice versa. It will work however, If I have an application already running the application sound will not...
  9. Sound doesnt switch correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesnt switch correctly: I often switch from using headphones to using a Bluetooth speaker. When I do this, I goto the speaker button on the taskbar and switch from speaker to headphones or vice versa. It will work however, If I have an application already running the application sound will not...
  10. Sound doesnt switch correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming