Windows 10: Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

Discus and support Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SirikiLohit, May 18, 2022.

1. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still, I'm getting the old startup sound.Can anybody help with how to fix this issue? I really wanna change the startup sound but still doesn't change though.

:)

SirikiLohit, May 18, 2022
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, May 18, 2022
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, May 18, 2022
  4. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

Windows Startup Sound Not Changing

UPDATE: I've had two People from Microsoft suggest the same answer to my problem (Going into registry editor
    and deleting some things that make the options to change the startup, Shutdown, logon & off sounds appear on the sound window) But they didn't work, as the sounds still don't play. Though if I tell my computer to restart, it will play the default Startup sound?!? Please
    help!!!

Original problem:

On my Windows 10 computer I decided to change my sound scheme to the utopia one from Windows 98. When doing so I found that I could not change the startup sound so after some thinking and lots of stumbling blocks I replaced the default startup sound with
    the utopia one. Then when I restarted my computer it played the default sound?!? Could it be possible that Windows uses a copy of the startup sound in a different file location? Please help!!!

Dorothy Weigman, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

1. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of... - Similar Threads - Startup Sound playing

2. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly: I already enabled ‘play windows startup’ and it does it, but the beginning part of the sound is cut off like if it was corrupted. Can anyone help me?...
  4. Windows startup sound doesnt play correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  6. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  7. Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound

Windows 10 playing wrong startup sound: I enabled the windows ten startup sound tonight, but on startup it seems to be playing the windows vista/windows 7 sound. Is this normal or can it be fixed?...
  8. Odd sound played at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd sound played at startup: Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vns0l258g2b6jpo/odd__sound.mp4/file Does anything know what is causing this ?...
  9. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP": Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is...
  10. Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162)

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup sound not playing in Windows 10 (10162): Hello, I'm running Windows 10 (build 10130) in a virtual machine and I noticed that the startup sound wasn't playing. The box for "Play startup sound" is checked in the Sound control panel, and I even checked imageres.dll to see if the startup sound was still there. (it...