Windows 10: Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on?

Discus and support Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like having a startup sound, especially since I turned Fast Startup off. However, even though I ticked the startup sound box and applied settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mgraham0160, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on?

I like having a startup sound, especially since I turned Fast Startup off. However, even though I ticked the startup sound box and applied settings, I'm not getting any startup sound. My other sounds work fine, and sfc /scannow doesn't see anything wrong. How do I fix this?

:)

mgraham0160, Aug 17, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2020
  3. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on?

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on?

1. Windows Startup Sound not working, even when turned on? - Similar Threads - Startup Sound working

2. Windows 11 startup sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 startup sound not working: I have tried editing windows logon and unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-startup-sound-not-working/d1674ed2-6690-4c8d-b33a-2a1e10dc1d92
  3. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  4. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  5. Windows 11 Startup sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup sound not working: Windows 11 Startup sound not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-startup-sound-not-working/7e5bff0a-772c-4808-b876-da5a62c8998c
  6. Windows 11 Startup sound not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup sound not working: Windows 11 Startup sound not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-startup-sound-not-working/7e5bff0a-772c-4808-b876-da5a62c8998c
  7. Fast startup not working even it is turned on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast startup not working even it is turned on: I am using fast startup in my pc but suddenly when I turned on my pc today fast startup doesn't work.I don't know what's the problem pls help me....
  8. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup not working even when its enabled: I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked....
  9. can't turn off windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't turn off windows startup sound: [ATTACH]can't tick and untick that startup sound option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-windows-startup-sound/ef61b139-5332-4259-97ee-8f6054278a66
  10. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound...