Windows 10: Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready

Discus and support Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I proceed beyond the message 'Getting devices ready' on a laptop. This problem started recently when I turned on the Windows 10 Pro laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JS090, Jan 27, 2020.

1. JS090 Win User

Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready

How do I proceed beyond the message 'Getting devices ready' on a laptop. This problem started recently when I turned on the Windows 10 Pro laptop. Although I am not too sure, this problem was probably triggered by a corrupted Windows automatic update. Instead of getting the usual login screen, I noticed that Windows entered a personalized setup environment with two quick DOS command Windows that flashed too quickly to be read. It first gives a 'Getting devices ready' message at the bottom the screen followed by a black screen with cursor movement showing a small blue rolling circle. I have left the laptop for almost a day and it is clear that Windows startup has entered an infinite loop. I have removed the hard disk to a working system and noticed that the disk is fully readable. I have gone through all Windows recovery environment options without any success. I was able to see two restore points both of which were created following updates in December of 2019. However neither of them completed successful restoration. The restore process ended with unable to restore message for both restore points. I was able to go through all the options including starting in Safe mode. I don't want to go through the long, painful process of reinstalling all applications. I have been able to copy off important documents off the non-booting hard drive. I have searched for a recovery tool, but found none suitable to get me to my sign-on screen. Following are my questions to the community:

1. How can I get past the getting devices ready to login into Windows

2. How can I inspect Windows to see if an automatic rogue? script is being run at startup that bypassed installed antivirus

Thanks for your answers.

:)

JS090, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 27, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Tais0112 Win User

Startup problems. Autorepair won´t fix it.

Hello

For the past few months my PC has not been able to startup. Auto repair won´t fix the problem, but it gave me all the problemdetails.

StartupRepairOffline

Problemsignature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problemsignature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problemsignature 03: Unknown

problemsignature 04: 211995523

problemsignature 05: AutoFailover

Problemsignature 06: 17

Problemsignature 07: NoRootCause

OS-version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

local ID: 1030

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Tais0112, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready - Similar Threads - startup won't beyond

2. Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows keeps going in "Windows getting ready": My laptop has been acting strange recently, Everytime I shut it down or a restart, it goes on "getting windows ready".it takes even hours for it to actually shutdown. I'm starting to get concerned.I think a malware is causing this.I've ran a virus scan using "360 Total...
  3. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready': after switching out hard drives the one I had in had corrupted sectors in the windows area with a perfectly FINE windows 10 hard drive...The computer gets stuck on 'getting devices ready'Everything I have read so far about 100+ pages has been total **** !!!!!I CANNOT start...
  4. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready': after switching out hard drives the one I had in had corrupted sectors in the windows area with a perfectly FINE windows 10 hard drive...The computer gets stuck on 'getting devices ready'Everything I have read so far about 100+ pages has been total **** !!!!!I CANNOT start...
  5. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Will not go beyond blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not go beyond blue screen: I am getting more and more freaked out. My computer keeps starting with the blue "select a keyboard" screen. Then a screen that has two options: "Troubleshoot" or "turn off your PC". Nothing in the advanced troubleshooting options works. I keep trying to troubleshoot...
  7. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 “getting devices ready” freezes on startup from new windows installation.

Windows 10 “getting devices ready” freezes on startup from new windows installation.: Ive been trying to get my new pc set up for almost a week, and just one night ago i was able to actually get in. I was happy. Tonight i was downloading software i wanted to use on my pc, and it eventually froze. On startup i wasnt able to get back into my pc like before, so i...
  9. windows stuck , getting devices ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows stuck , getting devices ready: hello , i'm using windows server 2012 R2 , i deploy WDS , i capture one imange , windows 10 professional , and upload to server , later , when I tried to install the image , after copy the files and reboot, it stuck on getting devices ready ! . i added the driver to the...
  10. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dont get devices ready when move to another computer