Windows 10: Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.

Discus and support Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] I uninstalled this photo viewer months ago, but windows is still detecting it as a choice when I select "Open with, Choose another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lameoverdose, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.

Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago. 04518e55-0d1d-4925-bd9a-2cf7f642667c?upload=true.png Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago. 00ff2277-f181-43ed-94ce-fb58dd7ca7a6?upload=true.png

I uninstalled this photo viewer months ago, but windows is still detecting it as a choice when I select "Open with, Choose another app".

Nothing happens when I select it, but it is bothersome regardless.

Is there anyway to locate where the file my pc is detecting to get rid of it?

:)

Lameoverdose, Jan 16, 2020

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 16, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 16, 2020
  4. trigan5 Win User

Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago.

1. Windows still detecting program I previously thought uninstalled and deleted months ago. - Similar Threads - still detecting program

2. I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do...: I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do I stop this payment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-driver-support-some-months-ago-but/1d1588c1-c8cd-43a9-967e-1312e6e3f79c
  3. I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do...: I uninstalled Driver Support some months ago but am still being charged every month. How do I stop this payment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-driver-support-some-months-ago-but/1d1588c1-c8cd-43a9-967e-1312e6e3f79c
  4. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  5. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  6. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  7. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago: Hi there!So a few months ago my touch screen laptop fell and the screen got a little cracked, this caused the touch screen to do things on it's own, so I tried to disable the touch screen driver, however instead I accidentally uninstalled it :For the following months I did...
  8. How to reinstall a driver I uninstalled a few months ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Uninstalling a deleted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling a deleted program: I can't seem to uninstall an app i downloaded, this may be because I deleted it. Because ever since I did I have not been able to uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-deleted-program/fac20ac4-b13c-4457-9087-978edd0a3df2
  10. And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    And I thought Windows fixed this with an update a while ago.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/johnnewburg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foufji/and_i_thought_windows_fixed_this_with_an_update_a/