Windows 10: Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!

Discus and support Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This would be my what 4 installment of a --->CLEAN<--- "formated" of Windows 10! I don't know why but it seems to hate my computer so much. This is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paul Haneline, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!

This would be my what 4 installment of a --->CLEAN<--- "formated" of Windows 10! I don't know why but it seems to hate my computer so much. This is to report bug(s) to Windows developers and Windows developers only. I will not hear any workarounds what so ever. These are bugs plain and simple.

Windows 10 November 2019 on an X-99 Deluxe motherboard. All Motherboard, Video, Sound, and so on drivers are up to date as of 11/22/19.

1. Taskbar closes (meaning no crash window popup) when doing heavy tasks as benchmarking, stress testing, opening up a new game or oping up a game and Windows firewall shows up and flashes violently and can't close it. Sometimes "Taskbar closes (aka crashes but Windows doesn't tell me because when does the "Taskbar" ever close? Even if it closes I should get a "Crash popup" and send it to the Windows crash report site even if it didn't crash and it just closes. When it reopens not all the icons for apps running in the background come back up. Some don't come back up even if I open that app back up and I have to close that app from "Task Manager" and then reopen and it does come back up.

2. Programs randomly close. If I leave it on for a week or more and no sines of the "Taskbar" closing (meaning all my background icons are still there) I click on the "up arrow" for hidden running tasks and there all there, BUT when I hover over some of them disappear and notices that they are not running anymore. EVGA Precision X and EVGA LED sync closes every time when they open at STARTUP. After these programs close I reopen them and they never close again. I'm saying close because I'm not getting a crash popup. It also seems on certain apps where you change settings and I notice that the autosave settings don't save until you close the app. Well, when you have Windows tell the app to close when you restart Windows. It seems like Windows is telling the apps to force close rather than telling the app to close properly so it can save any unsaved settings that the app doesn't save until closing.

3. HDR turns off randomly after a restart. Earlier updates I could not turn it on at times or just turns off while not touching my computer at all. Also, every time I open up System settings and my 'main 4K HDR TV' is selected first the HDR setting to turn "on or off" is not there. When I select another monitor (yes I have 3 '4 total') and select the 4K TV it comes back.

4. "Devices and Printers" window. I have an icon for "'Windows username here' (AMS renderer)" with just the computer icon. When I click on "Install Devices" it will flash like crazy when it still searching for other devices. It still shows up even when I have it installed (which it shouldn't show under "Install Devices". This has happened in earlier versions as well. All so my Marantz SR6013 under "Multimedia Device" grade out and can't have any app cast out. Only if I remove and reinstall it but it randomly grays out again. As I'm typing these bugs I have 4 total DirecTV receivers under "Multimedia Devices" and my Router Netgear XR500 (Gateway) under "Devices" saying "not connected" that the device drivers that are installed all grade out.

5. "WINDOWS SIZE, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, AND ICON LOCATION". OMG, where do I begin...! 1. Installing new drivers (from NVIDIA) "don't think that matters" but after installing all of the windows and sometimes the desktop icons are not where they use to be. 2. When TV loses connection or changes input connection (this is the amp receiver that has to when changing 1 of 7 inputs or just turning off the receiver the single is lost for a few seconds from the computer "it can't be helped that's how amp receivers work"). 3. Playing a game that changes resolutions mess up everything from windows size to location and sometimes desktop icons.

6. "Windows location" 1. Oping up a window from a nondefault screen (3 of them and 1 main) will always go to main. 2. Chrom for exp: When opening up a link from any app with a site link from any window always opens up a new tab from whatever the Chrom app is on that screen. 3. Forget where I found this annoying when a program is up and wants to open up a popup it goes to the main screen regardless of what screen it's on oping up a popup window. 4 Even if I have the "Taskbar" on all screens, oping up an app from that screen still opens up on the main screen.

7. "Scaling". Seems Scaling brakes after installing NVIDIA Drivers. 1. For exp: At 250%, when a nonresizing pops up it's not on any of the screens but the Taskbar shows it's running but when I change it to 100% there it is and I go back to 250% and it stays but if I do it again it does it again. 2. If I open up that same window starting at 100% I can NOT get the windows to show even if I took it at 300% to 100% to % to % to % it will never show. 3. I had a nonresizing window at 350% and going to 100% never could get it to show up and can't get it to finish the install progress (yes it's an install program). The same "version" program that didn't have that problem before along with other same version programs. Meaning if it's the same program (from a CD no less) and having it do different things (repeat, meaning that Windows keeps messing up the same program in different ways "and yes there all Windows 10 compatible").

Improvements.

1. Device improvements. When adding devices like amp receivers, DirecTV receiver, smart TVs, other computers and so on is to select all and install drivers at once rather than clicking on "Install device" having it search network devices and install drivers and repeat.
    2. Have a simple log window that shows what has disconnected and connected and have an option if you want to hear and/or see a notification window. And please, when a device acts up connecting and disconnecting to many times, is to stop reconnecting and tell me what the device is doing that. I keep getting a notification sound and it's annoying.
    3. Make Windows think that there is a single from the last TV connected and to see if it's the same model so it won't reset.

4. Make Windows do a better save on where the ICONS, WINDOWS SIZE, AND LOCATION are at. Plus, FIX Windows on not to change settings as I mentioned before because I had a quite few power outage and when Windows came up everything was a mess every time (not just the desktop but other apps that were running during the blackout where changed).

5. Window on multiple screens. Have a window open up based on where the curser. And if I want to move a window to another screen, how about hovering over the program in the Taskbar and right-clicking on it and tell Windows what screen you want it on. And if you don't have a Taskbar on that screen then right-click on the Desktop to bring up oping programs and then hover over that program and select what window you want on the screen that the mouse is already on.

6. I heard that "Scaling" is hard to program but please keep working on it.

7. On this username account, I would like to change my butchered name that Windows 8 decided that the "Name" (NOT THE USERNAME) when you do a fresh install that it was "too long" and cut it off rather than say this it's too long it continued anyway. And when I linked it to my MSN account I can't change it. I have no way to change it from Windows 10 or from my MSN account. I would like to change it WITHOUT trying to call tech support that can't seem to help me. Yes, I called a couple of times.

Again, Please, for the love of God this is a recurring issue from every clean install over and over again on every CLEAN version on this X-99 Delux. I've been dealing with this ever since Windows 10 came out.

You have my reports and hopefully, crash reports from your Windows feedback app on this account. What I like to do is do a manual dumping of my what's in my RAM. I know it's large and it will be a long task, but I want you to find out if it's downloading wrong drivers and/or making wrong settings from my seems to be unique Motherboard. Since this has been going on ever since Windows 10 came out. Please make it a top priority for me. It's been years for me and it's frustrating. More fixes, less features.

:)

Paul Haneline, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Laurijan Win User
    Laurijan, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Bug with GWX translation

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to give your feedback about the bug in the feedback app.

To do so you can follow this below steps:

• Type “Windows Feedback” in the
      search box of Windows 10 system.

• From the search results shown, select the option for Windows Feedback app and launch it.

• As a mandatory step, please check the existing Windows 10 feedback reports and bug reports to make sure your identified issue or bug is not already present in them.

• If your bug or feedback is already mentioned by someone else, you can click on the “Me too” option which informs Microsoft that even you have faced similar issue / bug.

• In case of a new bug, feel elated that you found one and using the “New Feedback” option specify the relevant details clearly (possibly by making use of some screenshots for clarity).

• Once you are sure that you have shared all possible details about the issue you found with some Windows 10 functionality or feature, click on the “Submit” option to share your valuable feedback
      with Microsoft.
    The above step-by-step guide on using Windows Feedback app will help you to report any new error or bug with the Microsoft Windows 10 features. Please feel free to share any bugs that you may come across and may possibly
    have reported the same using this Feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!

68 Bugs Listed So Far For iPhone

The new iPhone was welcomed by most people with a feeling of joy but like all things soon after we are starting to see bugs listed around the web. So far there are 68 reproducible bugs on the list with all bugs having been confirmed on multiple iPhones.
    As it is expected many iPhone users may never uncover the same bugs since its all about the use of iPhone from each individual.
    So check the list and see if its worth buying an iPhone or not...To me 68 bugs are nothing...Lets hope the list stays at 68 *Smile Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs! :)

Source: Digg

HellasVagabond, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs!

1. Windows still has bugs after bugs after bugs! - Similar Threads - still has bugs

2. Windows Explorer bug after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer bug after restart: Hi all,I have come across an annoying bug that is haunting me for a while now.It all started in Windows 10. After a reboot, the login screen does not load for a while before I can choose my user and log into the system and then Windows Explorer does not load pretty much. All...
  3. Bug after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bug after Update: Hello, There was an update I got for my Pc, Every thing was fine and updating fine and it also finish updating, but I realize that Windows Hello had got rested. I tried to enter my password to log in to my account but it keep saying "Offline mode, Connect to the internet."...
  4. The bug of all bugs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The bug of all bugs: Today I woke up and hopped on my PC and it appears I've lost all admin rights. I'm the only account on the PC. No malware on the system, nothing really changed since last night. It was working fine until I woke up this morning and my programs wouldn't open. Can't open...
  5. Bugs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bugs after 20H2 update: After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not...
  6. BUG AFTER 2004 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BUG AFTER 2004 UPDATE: Hi, I have encountered a problem after updating to 2004 version of windows. The problem is that office app automatically opens whenever I click my DPI button on my mouse. I need your help my mouse speed is too fast. Thanks,...
  7. Windows bug after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows bug after update: After update to Build 19041.388, I've no longer to use Snip & Sketch again it show up with this notification [ATTACH] Can anyone experience the same error like me or anyone know how to fix it...
  8. bug bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bug bug: When will they fix the search bar freeze bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-bug/4feb56c7-077e-4bd4-817e-f344cb099b17"
  9. Windows 10 still has bug with resizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 still has bug with resizing: It's unbelievable to me that it's been over a year and this still isn't fixed. Edge, Feedback Hub, etc. are all affected by this. You can see in this screenshot that I tried to resize Skype but Windows stops drawing content at a certain point. The borders extend but nothing...
  10. Bug after 1511 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bug after 1511 update: Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer. AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of driver? If it is, where can Ifind it? I scanned at Intel and it said that no driver needed. Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6450...