Windows 10: Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off

Discus and support Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I've noticed that after I turned off the setting to track apps you are using, my app activity still appears on the Microsoft account site. Why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elkstra, Mar 5, 2020.

1. elkstra Win User

Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off

Hi!

I've noticed that after I turned off the setting to track apps you are using, my app activity still appears on the Microsoft account site. Why does it still track my apps even though I have the setting turned off? Is there an issue with Windows or my PC?

Thanks.

-Luke H.

:)

elkstra, Mar 5, 2020

2. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

It is version 1709, build 16299.192

Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off [​IMG]

Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off [​IMG]

AmigaRoots, Mar 5, 2020
  3. avelos156 Win User
    Unable to "Turn on Tracking Protection" for a specific administrator account

IE11 (automatic updates), Win10.

I'm unable to set Tracking Protection working for a specific user account. While for all other user accounts (normal users) in the same machine Tracking Protection works, for the administrator account it cannot be enabled.

I have downloaded 3 tracking protection lists that are in status "Enabled".

The lists can be enabled/disabled freely.

Even though all 3 lists are enabled, tracking protection does not work at all.

When I click on Settings -> Safety, the corresponding menu option always reads "Turn on Tracking Protection" no matter how many times I select it. In the other accounts where the tracking protection works this menu option reads "Turn off Tracking Protection".

The account's personalized tracking protection list remains in status "Disabled" no matter how many times I have tried to enable it. Although I do not need this list at all, it is an indication/confirmation that something is wrong with my tracking protection.
    For the other user accounts the personalized tracking protection list can be freely enabled/disabled.

I run the ProcessMonitor to see if there is any kind of access issues with the administrator account, but it looks pretty good. No "Access Denied" issues, no weird results.

I also completely removed all IE folders in appdata folder and all IE enties under registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. Everything was recreated at IE11 first launch, however the issue remains.

Any suggestions?

avelos156, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Still Tracking Apps After Being Turned Off - Similar Threads - Still Tracking Apps

2. After turning Windows HDR off, HDR still being applied to programs (but not explorer, the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After turning Windows HDR off, HDR still being applied to programs (but not explorer, the...: I can even open chrome, see correct colors, and then see the switch to the HDR. I've made sure HDR is off, I've set everything in the NVidia control panel back to its original state, I even turned off any color management profiles in my adapter settings. I've rebooted and...
  3. Certain apps in startup keeps being turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain apps in startup keeps being turned off: I turn them on and restart it works but then when I restart again they not working. I go back in and check them and they have been turned off. It would be fine but they are important programs like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Sync/Backup my Good Drive just to name a few. These...
  4. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...
  5. Browser and App Control Being Turned Off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser and App Control Being Turned Off: After the latest Creators Update May 2020, my computers running Windows 10 have been starting up with a yellow exclamation mark on the 'Windows Security' icon. When I click on it, it opens the Windows Security main screen showing 'Browser and App Control' as turned off. I...
  6. 1px border is still active around apps after turning the off.

1px border is still active around apps after turning the off.: hi there I'm on windows 10 version 2004. I noticed 1px border is active around apps even though I have title bars and borders turned off in the settings app. I used to have similar problem on version 1903, except it goes away when tick title bars and borders on and off....
  7. Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.

Screen time restrictions off, but apps are still being blocked.: Firefox and Chrome are still being blocked, even though all screen time restrictions are off. No other apps that I've seen are doing this, and it's been happening since yesterday. I've restarted the computer several times since then, but still no luck. If it helps, the Xbox...
  8. Palm tracking is off still lag

Palm tracking is off still lag: I've went to multiple questions and gotten rid of most of the problem but there is still a slight delay and i hate it and i cant move the cursor when holding a key down. if someone tells me how to check what exact type of computer i have ill gladly check....
  9. Turning off track changes in Word

Turning off track changes in Word: Hi all, how do I turn off track changes in Word? I don't mean going to Review, selecting track changes and deleting the preferences. I have done that many times and saved the document and when I open it up again the track changes are still there in vision. Any help would...
  10. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10 Windows can personalize your Start menu based on the apps that you launch. This allows you to quickly have access to your list of Most used apps both in the...