Windows 10: Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled

Discus and support Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since i've moved my PC upstairs its suddenly in a reboot loop and keeps showing the Stopcode: System thread exception not handled. Before this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jonabeck, Nov 30, 2020.

1. jonabeck Win User

Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled

Since i've moved my PC upstairs its suddenly in a reboot loop and keeps showing the Stopcode: System thread exception not handled. Before this happened i was able to start up my pc as usual and as soon i changed the resolution on an older monitor it was connected to, the loop started.

I've since connected it to a new monitor and have been using this forum to try and fix it. However none of the options like 'safe mode' etc. work. The only things i haven't tried is completely resetting it and System Recovery actual name could vary, this is translated from dutch. But the latter doesn't work because it says i dont have enough space to reinstall windows. But i am unable to clear up storage because i can't even boot it up. Does anyone know another approach i can take?

Thanks
    Jona

:)

jonabeck, Nov 30, 2020

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 30, 2020
  3. System Thread Exception not Handled

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error happens when a system thread generates an exception that an error handler fails to catch.

In this case, the “System Thread Exception Not Handled” error seems to be due to the incompatible or outdated iTunes.

Let us uninstall and reinstall the latest version of iTunes and check it.

To do that click win+R (on the keyboard) -----Run windows appears---in the run bar, lets type Control Panel—click on the control panel icon----programs and features---in the list of programs, choose
    iTunes and click uninstall.

Once done, kindly navigate to the apple store/website and download the latest iTunes.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled

BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

The last try did not post as it should (until I edited it again). Still another way :

BCCode: 7E 0x00000007E which is also 0x1000007E <-- read this link

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Rob

Rob B. - MVP, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled

1. Windows Stopcode: System thread exception not handled - Similar Threads - Stopcode System thread

2. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hi, I'm getting this BSOD error on my Windows 10. I have not recently installed anything, it started quite suddenly and has gotten more frequent. I've also got Memory Management BSOD in some cases. On that, the Memory diagnostic tool found no errors.Here's a link to my...
  3. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: One of my users has had the above twice in the last week. As per this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d I should raise a new thread for this issue. I have the DMP...
  4. Stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: My computer ran in to this stopcode. I'm running Windows 10. It was installed a long time ago and also have antivirus software. I didn't change anything with windows setup just ran into this prolem. I have done restarting the computer 3x as per some thread to go into...
  5. Continuous BSOD, StopCode: System thread exception not handled

Continuous BSOD, StopCode: System thread exception not handled: I am running windows 10. After smooth operation for around 1 and a half year, I suddenly got a BSOD on startup, few seconds after start up, I could not start my system after, tried safe mode, all other options, reseating RAMs, removing and connecting each ram stick 1 by 1,...
  6. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: I have been receiving this stop code intermittently for the last 24 hours on my Windows 10 PC. I have gone through and checked my device drivers and haven't found any errors yet. I have not installed any new software for the last week or two. Please help me diagnose this...
  7. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: So I was only browsing the web about stuff regarding what to do with a new external harddrive, a brief background i bought it and it was advertised as EXFAT only to find out that it was in fact FAT32. It was formatted as FAT32 the first time i opened it but when I try to...
  8. BSOD with stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD with stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: WIndows 10 64 bit BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error usually occur while watching a Youtube video on google Chrome at random occasions. The most recent BSOD occurred after the latest Windows update but it did occur before the update. Link to minidump and...
  9. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Im running windows 10 64 bit. Two days ago while i was running my pc i got a blue screen with stopcode system thread exception not handled while the laptop was making a moter like noise. Today i got an other blue screen with code irql not less or equal. The same had happened...
  10. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: What are my options for fixing this issue? It has only occurred upon startup and I've always been able to restart and access my computer without immediate further incident. I haven't been able to find a parallel situation as of yet and apologize if I've overlooked a...