Windows 10: Windows Stopped Activation

Discus and support Windows Stopped Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Rather a strange situation occurred today. I moved my Samsung 950 pro from the M.2 slot because it was under my 980GTX. I put the drive on a PCie card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by no1yak, Jun 21, 2016.

1. no1yak Win User

Windows Stopped Activation

Rather a strange situation occurred today. I moved my Samsung 950 pro from the M.2 slot because it was under my 980GTX.
    I put the drive on a PCie card and booted up, no problem. The next thing I see is a windows message telling me that windows was not activated because the serial number was in use on another PC.(strange cos I only have one machine)

Long story short, after and hour with MS on their chat line and the person taking control of my PC it was resolved. No hardware was changed, the only thing I did was to move my boot drive to a PCie card. My win 10 pro is a full retail copy so no digital entitlement. MS activation gets weirder everyday. I only hope that if I have to do a clean install I don't have the same problem.

Pete

:)

no1yak, Jun 21, 2016
  2. cistecpty Win User

Activation stopped

Hi Greg

Will keep trying to contact Prime Software Australia to find out more and inform them them I need a resolve to this issue or even some sort of explanation why this has occurred.

FYI I cloned again and it worked perfectly, and the licence says Activated....go figure??? I had to reinstall some of the software again to run the test I was running when it failed but the clone is working fine and been tested with many programs and various
    methods of Verification of Genuine Windows Licence and it passed on all tests I am glad to say. Still be interested to find out about the licence status for future reference.

I would like to thank you and all the other people who offered help and advice and I hope others who have the same problem to remember that there so many reasons Activation's can fail, and my advice is save your self a lot of hours of wasted time and post
    your problems here. It really is comforting to know you are only a web link away from your solution..well done guys.

cistecpty, Jun 21, 2016
  3. cistecpty Win User
    Activation stopped

Thank you for your help....it Came back with this:

Error Code 0x80070057

I cant understand this. i change drives which are identical size and identical systems setup ..one is a clone of the other and the master drive works fine and comes back that it is a genuine licence.

This not a pirated licence I have 4 different licences in my Windows account and all are legal and fine.

I upgraded from 1703 to Windows Creator Fall 1709 when I finished a new machine build with my new Windows licence from a Microsoft partner Prime Software Australia low cost window licencing, which have been in business for years in Australia. I have sent
    them requests to address my issue and waiting for a reply they say please wait 24-48 hours I cant wait that long so I want to fix it now.

All I would like to know is why does my master drive have no problem verifying my legal licence and my (Acronis) clone does??? very frustrating.

Again thank you for your support.

cistec

cistecpty, Jun 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If it happens again, you can try right click on start icon, select Command Prompt (admin). Then run:
    slui 4

That will bring up the phone activation window. Usually you call the toll free number, enter the long installation ID number, then tell the computer voice your Windows is installed on only one computer.

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2016
  5. no1yak Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Thats how the person fron MS fixed it over remote.

Pete

no1yak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Stopped Activation - Similar Threads - Stopped Activation

2. Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid: I have the PC set to do nothing when plugged in and closing the lid and I have the power option set to never turn off the hard drive when plugged in. I also have the power option to shut the screen after 10 minutes when pluggedit.It appears that whenI close the lid on the PC...
  3. Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 PC is essentially stopping all activity when Closing Lid: I have the PC set to do nothing when plugged in and closing the lid and I have the power option set to never turn off the hard drive when plugged in. I also have the power option to shut the screen after 10 minutes when pluggedit.It appears that whenI close the lid on the PC...
  4. My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one: My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one.I've tried to put in a new key but it comes up with this - Any solutions?...
  5. My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one: My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one.I've tried to put in a new key but it comes up with this - Any solutions?...
  6. My windows activation key just stopped working and now I can't put in a new one

7. How to stop speech recognition being activated when I press the home key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop speech recognition being activated when I press the home key: I have a HP Dual Keyboard and every time I hit the 'home' key, it opens up dictation. At the top of the screen it comes up and says 'to use dictation, go to settings and turn on online speech recognition'. Refer screen shot below:I use the 'home' key a lot when writing to get...
  8. How to stop speech recognition being activated when I press the home key

How to stop speech recognition being activated when I press the home key: I have a HP Dual Keyboard and every time I hit the 'home' key, it opens up dictation. At the top of the screen it comes up and says 'to use dictation, go to settings and turn on online speech recognition'. Refer screen shot below:I use the 'home' key a lot when writing to get...
  9. After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?: After the latest Windows 10 update on 12 Jan 2024, I had some problems restarting my machine but eventually it did. But now lots of things don't work, like all of my Office products or search on the toolbar. In the lower right a message states "Activate Windows " and "Go to...
  10. After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?

After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?: After the latest Windows 10 update on 12 Jan 2024, I had some problems restarting my machine but eventually it did. But now lots of things don't work, like all of my Office products or search on the toolbar. In the lower right a message states "Activate Windows " and "Go to...