Windows 10: Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

Discus and support Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel Jom, May 20, 2021.

1. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

This is my first post here. Apologies if I trample over any ettiquettes. I am hopeful that some kind and knowledgable folk may be able to offer some advice!So, I built my 1st PC in Feb 2020 in order to start out experimenting with VR dev. I was/am a beginner in both disciplines! Main components: CPU: AMD Ryzen 52600xGPU: 1660 ti 16gb Ram500gb SSD nvme1tb HD 7200rpmEverything had been working fine until about a month ago. Windows 10 education running off the nvme ssd, all files progs etc were on this same drive, I hadn't even put anything on the HD yet.The last time it was w

:)

Daniel Jom, May 20, 2021

2. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, May 20, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    NVME SSD

Hi Adrian

Boot your system into BIOS

Disable CSM / UEFI

Enable Secure Boot

Then the installer should see the NVMe drive

Format the drive

Restart the machine

Enable CSM / UEFI

Disable Secure Boot

The installer should then see the NVME SSD and allow you to install Windows 10 onto that drive . . .

DaveM121, May 20, 2021
  4. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive

1. Windows stopped booting from nvme ssd drive - Similar Threads - stopped booting nvme

2. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  3. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  4. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cloned Windows 10 from SSD to NVme. Now getting stop code: no boot device

Cloned Windows 10 from SSD to NVme. Now getting stop code: no boot device: I cloned Windows 10 and Kubuntu from an internal SSD to a new Samsung 970 Pro NVme with Clonezilla to get more space. The system is an AMD Ryxen 2600 dual boot with Kubuntu and Windows 10. Kubuntu works fine, but I'm getting stop code for windows: no boot device. I've tried...
  6. Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD: So, I recently got a 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and I want to transfer Windows from my 1TB WD Blue to my new SSD. So I set it up and everything went well setting it up wise, until I looked up how to change the boot drive in my PC. For all of the scenarios they had a 1tb HDD then a...
  7. Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD

Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD: So, I recently got a 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and I want to transfer Windows from my 1TB WD Blue to my new SSD. So I set it up and everything went well setting it up wise, until I looked up how to change the boot drive in my PC. For all of the scenarios they had a 1tb HDD then a...
  8. Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...

Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...: So, I cloned my old nvme SSD to my new one. I only had one slot and the old drive was only about 120 gb with the new one being about 1tb. Everything cloned over fine, the OS, etc. It's just it keeps trying to locate the old drive C instead of the new one E. Disk 2 is the old...
  9. Not able to boot from M2 NVME SSD card

Not able to boot from M2 NVME SSD card: I decided to upgrade my old Gigabyte board desktop to include NVME SSD -- so I bought a Micro Connections PCI-e NVME card and mounted a Crucial NVME SSD on it. The problem is that Windows sees it just fine -- so I used Macro Reflect to clone my OS drive to the SSD but when I...
  10. Question about booting from NVMe drive

Question about booting from NVMe drive: I have a brand new Ryzen 2700X system with an X470 motherboard and I bought my first NVMe drive to go with it. My plan is to use it as my boot drive, and I am cloning my current boot drive to it. My question is do I need to do anything specific to get the NVMe drive to boot?...