Windows 10: windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart.

Discus and support windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; for some reason my computer bugged and got 90% of my screen in a solid color, without being able to do anything I needed to restart the computer using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vavazimmm, Apr 13, 2021.

1. windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart.

for some reason my computer bugged and got 90% of my screen in a solid color, without being able to do anything I needed to restart the computer using the power button, when I turned on again, the front audio input had stopped working, only the headphone input, but the microphone input still works, I started using the back input, after a while the computer bugged again, I had to restart again and when I turn on again, the back input also didn't work anymore, now I'm using the audio input from the monitor, but unfortunately this monitor is not the main one, so when I have it turned off I have no sound, does anyone know how I can solve this?

btw: i just formatted the computer trying to solve this problem and didn't worked. I also tried to use all possible driver options available in the device manager, still not working.

submitted by /u/vavazimmm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vavazimmm, Apr 13, 2021

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Apr 13, 2021
  4. ggrussell Win User

windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart.

Windows 10 and USB Audio codec input

Just purchased a USB turntable to record some old albums. Windows 10 recognizes the input, but only one app even recognizes there is any input at all. Audacity doesn't get any input at all. When I open Control Panel / Sound / Record Tab, the meter to
    the right of Audio Codec shows activity.

Any suggestions?

ggrussell, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart.

1. windows stopped recognizing audio inputs after forced restart. - Similar Threads - stopped recognizing audio

2. Pc Freezes with audio stuttering until it stops. Have to force restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes with audio stuttering until it stops. Have to force restart: Hello I have a fully updated windows 10 pc. It runs fine until I open a game sims 4 or house flipper 2 most commonly this hasn't been an issue until a few days ago where I will be playing and my screen will freeze, my pc is still running and audio keeps playing but staticy...
  3. Pc Freezes with audio stuttering until it stops. Have to force restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freezes with audio stuttering until it stops. Have to force restart: Hello I have a fully updated windows 10 pc. It runs fine until I open a game sims 4 or house flipper 2 most commonly this hasn't been an issue until a few days ago where I will be playing and my screen will freeze, my pc is still running and audio keeps playing but staticy...
  4. Pc Freezes with audio stuttering until it stops. Have to force restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker: I'm using an Ion Tape Express USB input to convert cassettes to mp3. It worked great a few months ago. Now when I connect to usb the tape player is being recognized as a speaker so I can no longer use it with Audacity. I've done all the delete and reinstall options with the...
  6. USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio Input Being Recognized as a Speaker: I'm using an Ion Tape Express USB input to convert cassettes to mp3. It worked great a few months ago. Now when I connect to usb the tape player is being recognized as a speaker so I can no longer use it with Audacity. I've done all the delete and reinstall options with the...
  7. Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update

Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update: This morning I was told to install an update on my Windows 10 computer, but after I did it, it said that it was having trouble restarting and needed me to uninstall all my programs to do a complete reset. I did that, and after I reset my computer it had all of its programs...
  8. Tinny Audio Forces Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tinny Audio Forces Restart: Hello, What is the issue: My audio becomes tinny spontaneously and sometimes will have a long constant beep along with it. I am forced to restart my computer to fix the problem. This has happened to me about 5 times in the last two months. Why is this a problem: Since I...
  9. Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop doesn't recognize any input audio.: Since the 27th of June, my laptop has suddenly stopped picking up any audio. I have tried multiple devices and ways to see if any audio has been picked up. I have tried my default microphone in my laptop, my wireless headset, and an AUX cord headset. For programs, I have...
  10. When will Mircosoft stop the forced restart?

When will Mircosoft stop the forced restart?: I have tried many suggestions with nothing working. It is a monthly occurrence whenever an update happens next thing i know my pc has restarted and ive lost data, work, and time which is permanent and cause so many difficulties. I can put up with persistent reminders while im...