Windows 10: windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

Discus and support windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have signed with Microsoft account and have reinstalled windows but now its not showing my photo anywhere its blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tushar_gamer, Jun 11, 2019.

1. windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

I have signed with Microsoft account and have reinstalled windows but now its not showing my photo anywhere its blank

:)

tushar_gamer, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Stop photo slide show during sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

You may follow the steps mentioned below so that the slide show stop after 20 minutes:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type Screen saver and click on Change Screen saver.
    • Under screen saver - Wait- increase the minutes to 20.
    • Click OK and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 11, 2019
  3. windows photo stopped working

Thank you for the feedback. If you've already updated the Photos app and still unable to view or open your photos, then I suggest running the Windows Store apps troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Find and fix other problems, select Windows Store Apps, then click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    5. Once done, restart your computer.

By the way, can you recall any changes made on your File Explorer Libraries? Basically, Windows 10 Photos app is connected to the libraries in you File Explorer. Since the app won't show any photos, then this could imply a problem with the libraries. To
    isolate this, you may restore the libraries to default. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key + e to open File Explorer.
    2. Click the View tab.
    3. On the left, click Navigation page and tick or select
      Show libraries
    4. In the left pane, look for Libraries. Right-click it and then click
      Restore default libraries.

Once done, open the Photos app and check if you're now able to see your photos.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 11, 2019
  4. windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

1. windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen - Similar Threads - stopped showing photo

2. Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated: The welcome screen photos are surely meant to be attractive, but at least on my Dell XPS 15 they are horribly over-saturated, like a cheap post-card. Over-saturation is not a problem in apps like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks....
  3. Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 welcome screen photos are over-saturated: The welcome screen photos are surely meant to be attractive, but at least on my Dell XPS 15 they are horribly over-saturated, like a cheap post-card. Over-saturation is not a problem in apps like Photoshop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks....
  4. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows welcome screen: Im new to windows 10 and my dad gave me this computer. It got stuck in welcome screen only. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-welcome-screen/5e76ac7a-2362-4d92-9409-34f018119205
  5. Windows 10 "Welcome Screen" no photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Welcome Screen" no photo: When I turn on my computer and the WELCOME SCREEN comes up I see WELCOME SCREEN, under that MY PHOTO and under that WELCOME. All around that seems to be greyed out. It seems to me there used to be a photo there. What happened to it? Also the Task Bar at the bottom of the...
  6. CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME SCREEN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME SCREEN: CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME/LOG ON SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-photo-on-welcome-screen/7149ce6a-f22e-416b-831d-f747bb910737
  7. Welcome screen photos

Welcome screen photos: Do the welcome screen photos that change frequently include any of operational steam locomotives? There is a large rail fan community around the world that would appreciate these photos. Thanks...
  8. Welcome to Windows Screen :-/

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to Windows Screen :-/: any reason why i've just been presented w/ that screen after booting up today? Updates says nothing installed since 12 Mar, is just doing KB4537572 at the minute. TIA 153522
  9. Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen

Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen: Running Windows 10, 1809 latest updates. I wanted to set an account photo on my wife's PC. It's a Local account and the PC is set up to boot directly to the desktop without going through a log in screen. Before reaching the desktop, the Welcome screen appears for a few...
  10. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...